Mr. Wu

Mr. Wu said:
I am not being ambiguous and vague. There is no answer. Do you have answers to everything in life? Can you see the future? If you can, can I borrow your crystal ball?
We don't know what we are doing past Nov 4 with Judas Priest. If it turns out there is no more touring we will get in the room and start writing. That's what will tell us where we are going. Until that happens, there's no answer to who is singing. If there is a headline U.S. and UK/Europe tour to do, we will do that and then start writing. That's all I know.
Yes, there will be chats in the CDC. It was fun.

This is only my second post here. I tend just to lurk for info on the band, not even logged in....
But thank you for your answer. I find it very odd, to put it kindly, that someone will not buy the live album or dvd because you will not provide them with an itinerary.... Bizzare. Either you like the music or not...... but hey I'm buying it all on the 20th regardless if you tell me what time you take a dump tomorrow or not...

I hardly ever buy greatest hits or live cd's. I own MOMD because I was at the concert and it has special meaning to me. I can relive a great concert I saw again. Regardless who they have singing i want to hear "new material". I would perfer to hear Johns voice but, he wasn't in the band when i got into them back in the 80's. Maybe new stuff with Joey can sound updated as well. Time moves on and people progress with their writing styles. Maybe it will click and, maybe it won't. I understand perfectly what Scott is saying. No matter what happens we won't know till next year probley anyways.
So lets keep on arguing for a few months. :headbang:

Mr. Wu said:
If it turns out there is no more touring we will get in the room and start writing. That's what will tell us where we are going. Until that happens, there's no answer to who is singing. If there is a headline U.S. and UK/Europe tour to do, we will do that and then start writing. That's all I know.

Well, and who would you prefer as a vocalist on a new album, Joey or John? Or is this one of those questions you don't know answer to...?

Well, I really don't care for the "vagueness" myself, but I will have to wait and see. It was great to see Joey, but John has been the voice of MY Anthrax, (huge SOWN fan) and thats just how it is for me.

It would be nice to hear from John, though I am sure he wants somepeace and quite with his newly expanded family. It seems like Scott's answer are diven by contractual requirements rather than what he really feels. Alas, the business of doing business...

I hope this doesn't degrade to another Van Halen/Hagar/Cherone/Roth clusterfuck. :erk:

Mr. Wu said:
Exactly. We won't know until we write music. I want to make a record with Mike Patton as the singer.

Fuck yeah! Know that Mr. Bungle is done with Patton needs to start another group: Tomahawk and Fantomas aren't enough. Or Maybe you can replace Buzz in Fantomas!!!!!!

Mr. Wu said:
Exactly. We won't know until we write music. I want to make a record with Mike Patton as the singer.

Hey Scott, I really don't care who want you to make a record with, I'm not asking you whether John and Rob are still valid members of the band etc. I'd like to know who want you to sing the new Anthrax record - John or Joey. Nothing less, nothing more.

jackfromczech said:
Hey Scott, I really don't care who want you to make a record with, I'm not asking you wheter John and Rob are still valid members of the band etc. I'd like to know who want you to sing the new Anthrax record - John or Joey. Nothing less, nothing more.

Didn't he say he didn't know?

ZeeZooZum said:
Didn't he say he didn't know?

I don't think so. And Scott's answer "We won't know until we write music" doesn't make any sense to me. Is it for him so hard to say something like "Well, you know, both singers are great, but I always prefer John/ Joey singing in Anthrax (because blah blah blah...)".

It's fucking nonsense. Band is a band, constisting of valid members.
Joey Belladonna must be stoked to hear or read this.

johnnieCzech said:
It's fucking nonsense. Band is a band, constisting of valid members.
Joey Belladonna must be stoked to hear or read this.

Really? You don't know of any other band that is controlled by one or two people? Just maybe part of the condition of the reunion was that they come to no agreement on the future until they finish touring. Sounds fairly reasonable to me. Just because you like Bush doesn't mean it's nonsense that they don't have a clear answer to give you yet. Thankfully, this isn't that stupid Rock Star show with Inxs where we all get to have an input on everything.

I have joined the fan club, preordered both of the new cds as well as the thrax videos dvd and I am seeing thrax/priest (hopefully front row if general admission) on october 2! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I have no reason not to support these guys, I'm only 17(almost 18) and the anthrax I grew up with despite me being alive during the john era was Joey Belladonna! :worship:

I would love to see another album with Joey singing, if not enough classic material for a full album, maybe an E.P.? That actually would be badass 5 new badass thrax tunes, over 10 moderately cool ones?

Anyways I think Mr. Wu is definitely honest when he says he does not know what's up with a new album right now. Give the man time and we will see. Some people say money will decide who is the new singer and while I disagree with this fully, as long as whoever is in the band makes rockin music I dont fuckin' care. Hell I love Kiss even though Gene simmons is a money hungry whore cause they make tunes that rock!!! Quit worrying about who is going to sing, and just hope anthrax adds another great record to their already great arsenal of music! I know I will buy the new thrax shit whether it has joey or bush singing. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

the_walking_dude said:
who gives a shit. it is anthrax and they will rock whatever line up it is. By not going all you are doing is missing out on a great show of metal by one of the best bands in the business

Lidds78 said:
I think you guys should give Woo a rest and just enjoy the fact that Anthrax are still touring and releasing stuff. Just enjoy the ride and see what comes of it.

!!!

Do you know what you are going to do next year??? No, not really. I'm sure we will know when they actually do it. Maybe he doesn't want to make a promise he can't keep. I'm sure they would like to do all kinds of stuff. I respect him not saying he gonna do this and that because there are to many people and other variables that one man can't control. Whatever they do will be good as long as they can with who they can.

Bleearg said:
Do you know what you are going to do next year???
I know that I'll be playing with myself more often than getting laid.
But that's just the way it is.

Schurl said:
Remember Paul Crook?

Well partially that's why I'm saying this.
And btw, there is a huge difference between a lead guitarist and a singer, who is a face of the band. Come on people, we're not talking Tony Iommi solo release! Plus, there are two main eras of Anthrax, each singer represents one.