Mstering Challenge?

Ronnie_Rocker

Mar 21, 2006
sweden
www.ronniebjornstrom.com
who would like to try to master some of my tracks? it would be cool to see the differens in every mastering. i master on my little special way. it would be cool to exchange some ideas.

here is one track from the Bleeding demo. one mastered version and one un mastered.

the mastered track:
http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1OL75GFDF3AFC1HO7W71C3JVOE

The unmastered track, converted to mp3 at 320 kbps.
http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=182GGITHC5E4T0SFDX32UTSTK2

here are some screenshots from my mastering
first EQ

Firsteq.jpg

First Compressor

firstcompressor.jpg

Second Compressor:

secondcompressor.jpg

First limiter:

firstlimiter.jpg

Final limiter:

finallimiter.jpg

Analysator:

analysator.jpg

chadsxe said:
Hey...what was the idea behind the double limiter?

i use two limiters to avoid distortion. and the L3 adds some good coloring to the sound due to the preset in use. if i use the "extreme analog" setting it will compress hard at peaks, and if a use "Loud and proud" i can maximize hard without hardly any compression. the second limiter is just for pushing the volyme even more.

yes, i pushed it al lil hard :D, and killed the dinamics, but i realized after comparing to the others.

This is a really cool thread.
Very interesting to hear several different masters of the same song.
I'm lovin' it.
Is everyone here using the C4?
Suicide - Are you using a maximizer like BBE sonic?
They all sound good to me.
Ronnie - Cool song. Reminds me of Morbid Angel and Marilyn Manson (the chants).

Radd said:
Suicide - Are you using a maximizer like BBE sonic?

Er... so I'm a moron and uploaded the wrong version...

But on the one you listened to before, it's all eq. and compression - nothing like BBE etc. Like I said, it's the first time I've properly played around with Izotope and that version was me finding out that the eq. covers a larger scale than I'm used to o_O With the right kind of vocal it would probably sound ok, but I don't normally like things to be THAT scooped :p

This is the one I meant to put up. It's all Izotope - eq., compression, a touch of the harmonic thing in it, and no limiting.

Steve