Muse - where to start?

I never said either band makes me feel depressed. Music can still have a "depressing" vibe and not make me want to cry and cut myself.

MegaMoose said:
I never said either band makes me feel depressed. Music can still have a "depressing" vibe and not make me want to cry and cut myself.

has nothing to do with being suicidal. but anyone who interprets Opeth to be depressive music at all...AND THEN says radiohead, which is perpetually on a down note, obviously has their brain wired incorrectly.

Without taking lyrics into consideration, I don't find most Radiohead to be all that depressing musically. Meanwhile, musically Opeth isn't exactly ever on a positive note. Lyric-wise, both bands are pretty down, but I don't see how, say, Dirge for November or anything off Damnation is less depressing than Radiohead.

Death_To_False_Metal said:
^ Agreed.

Origin of Symmetry is their masterpiece but you cannot go wrong with Muse.

Bellamy is quite a talented mofo, what the guy cannot do ???

Muse > Radiohead

Don't misundertand me, I love Radiohead but I prefer the metal/epic vibe of Muse.
And Muse have a much better drummer and live they destroy. Best trio since Rush !
Radiohead is so fucking depressing.
Yorke should start watching Adam Sandler movies or something.

Radiohead's drummer is one of the best in the world mate, in a certain style anyway.

With much of Radiohead's catalougue being quite slow he doesn't get to show whether or not he can do fast technical drumming, but his timing is second to none. See them live to appreciate that.

There again Howard is a really great drummer, who has really been allowed to shine on the new album.

Fairplay, but who cares.

Besides which, your name is a proper noun. If you're going to pull the lad up on that, then lead by example.

And the term proper noun, is not a proper noun.

Sorry but you do have a habit of walking straight into these things.

Also, you're really talking about the difference between abstract and concrete nouns, but you might not know that.

NineFeetUnderground said:
foolish boy.

i figure your talkin about muse boring the shit out of me. yeah they do except for showbiz where it wasnt full of 'predictable' muse tracks. Although i do think that the new song has a kinda depeche mode touch to it which i quite enjoy. Except for that. I never, ever listen to muse.Ever. In my honest opinion.