Music as a device for spiritual/emotional healing

I think this is one of the big reasons (besides not having time of course) that I don't record much music anymore.

The benefit and the beauty of music is in the spontaneous creation of it in my opinion. I realize it's not that way for everyone, but it is for me.

When I can get an intimate little trio together and let little ideas evolve and bounce off of each other and create melodies that come and go, and suddenly remember one and revisit it 20 minutes later in the jam, much to the suprise and enjoyment of everyone else....that is like sex.

When I try to sit down and write stuff to record on my own, it's like the magic just dissolves.

I think this is why metal is not always as appealing to me anymore. I need a really experimental jazz fusion trio right about now......

I think this is one of the big reasons (besides not having time of course) that I don't record much music anymore.

The benefit and the beauty of music is in the spontaneous creation of it in my opinion. I realize it's not that way for everyone, but it is for me.

When I can get an intimate little trio together and let little ideas evolve and bounce off of each other and create melodies that come and go, and suddenly remember one and revisit it 20 minutes later in the jam, much to the suprise and enjoyment of everyone else....that is like sex.

When I try to sit down and write stuff to record on my own, it's like the magic just dissolves.

I think this is why metal is not always as appealing to me anymore. I need a really experimental jazz fusion trio right about now......

In agreeance with every word of this post \m/
Also count me in for that experimental jazz fusion trio ;)

Dude absolutely nothing beats jamming (except maybe sexy time... ok so jamming first and sexy time afterwards in the best thing ever). Anyways, at the end of summer my brother, my buddy dylan and I decided that we were sick and tired of carefully executed studio projects, so we decided to form a nitty gritty hardcore band with no rules; just jamming and having tons of fucking fun.

We ended up recording two of the songs. Everything was essentially done in one take with shitty equipment, but it was so nice to not really have to worry about tone. I just threw up a mic in front of my brother's old ass randall solid state amp, put one condenser over the drums and gave Dylan an SM58, and that was it. It was probably the most fun I've ever had playing music.

Anyways, here are the songs.
http://www.myspace.com/cinderandsmokenc

No, although I did used to have a chick keyboardist in my old band, but she's kind of a butch lesbian, so that wouldn't have worked out...