Music Flavor?

Pabla said:
who here appreciates death and/or black metal?

Me, me, me.... Black and Death are my faves!
Can't explain really. The music just makes me happy. The vox... well... a good Black voice gives me goose bumbs and shivers of pleasure. (Uhm, that sounds a bit pervy I guess.. :D )

Pabla said:
... as far as Dimu Borgir I just can't get into them and their artwork on the covers and within the album sleeves are gross and piss me off inmensely... I know it's all for the "shock value" but they go to far... there are limits...

That I don't really understand. CoF covers are ok, Dimmu covers aren't? Or did I understand your words incorrect?

SheSorcerer said:
Me, me, me.... Black and Death are my faves!
Can't explain really. The music just makes me happy. The vox... well... a good Black voice gives me goose bumbs and shivers of pleasure. (Uhm, that sounds a bit pervy I guess.. :D )

That I don't really understand. CoF covers are ok, Dimmu covers aren't? Or did I understand your words incorrect?

Cool! I only got into the more "extreme" side of HM over a year ago... even though death and black are not my fav... I enjoy them a lot! Specially the really melodic DM

As for the album covers, I just mentioned DBorgir because that was what I was looking at while making my post... COF's are just as bad if not worse... along with countless other bands... I don't get that whole "shock factor" plus it's something that disgusts me... just not necessary IMO

Btw, are we having multiple personalities issues in here? :D

stevekachinsky said:
Personally, I don't like either Dimmu's or CoF's cover art, BUT I really like Dimmu's music. Can't really get into Dani's voice or whole 'vibe'... Guess I'm just not fetish/goth/whatever it is oriented.

I am not a COF fan myself, but their last album "Nymphetamine" is truly a great album... Dani also tones down the shrieks quite a bit... I think you might have heard it and agreed with me?

Pabla said:
I am not a COF fan myself, but their last album "Nymphetamine" is truly a great album... Dani also tones down the shrieks quite a bit... I think you might have heard it and agreed with me?

At least I agree.
I´m not a big fan of Cradle either, it´s his voice which is a bit annoying. For me. But the last album I bought again because it sounds a bit better. I stopped buying their albums after Midian.