Music from when you were growing up?

I grew up listening to Kiss, Mötley Crüe, Ratt, Cinderella, Ozzy, Def Leppard, Twisted Sister. All thanks to my 5 year older sister. Anyone remember Mick Wall and the "monsters of rock" show on sky channel? That's were I first saw Iron Maiden, Exodus, Slayer, Venom, Celtic Frost, Anthrax.
Take me back to those heavy times!

The first group I really liked was AC/DC back when they released Dirty Deeds in the States - 1981. I was into The Who during their initial farewell tour (1982) and I also liked Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Rush and Triumph. MTV would play quite a bit of Def Leppard off High N Dry and Judas Priest so my tastes got a little heavier. Iron Maiden soon followed.
My first exposure to Anthrax was on a college Heavy Metal radio show that I used to listen to in high school. They played "Armed & Dangerous" and said it was by a cool band from NYC...must have been summer of 1985.

Kinston Trio came from my parents. My dad loves folk music. CCR and Kinston Trio was what he mainly listened to. I like CCR still, but the Trio I think is a bigger shock.

Glad everyone likes this thread. Good to see where everyone came from originally to get to Thrax.

Lessee here, as a young one I listened to Creedence, Ray stevens, Marty Robbins, Duran Duran, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, Queen and Pink Floyd. Then my brother got me ino Ritchie Blackmoores Rainbow and MetallicA.

That was it. All metal from the age of 9. I still listen to that shit though....I still like it.

"Down in the west Texas town of El Paso, I fell in love with a mexican girl..."

OLD county and western just plain RULES! Those songs told some good fuckin' stories.....

BEATLES, BEATLES, BEATLES!!!!!!!!!!

I grew up on the Beatles from a very young age.\

Most embarred music: Prince, Michael Jackson, Madonna.

Started getting turned onto 'rock': Quiet Riot, Motley Crue, AC/DC, Van Halen.

Riehlthing said:
But the band I still listen to from time to time when I just get the mood is uhh...Kingston Trio. I don't ever bust out any NKTB, or the karoake's anymore, but Kingston Trio...Once in awhile still.

I heard a lot of that growing up. Pretty good stuff.

Scott