Music of 2012

Out of curiosity what disappointed you about Serpent Sermon? I can see it not making a top ten, but disappointing has me a bit confused. I want specifics pweeeeeassse.

It sounds like funeral mist, they have been turning into funeral mist more and more with each record featuring mortuus and now the transformation is complete...I want my fast, grinding and blastbeating Marduk back! Morgan also said in an interview with seden rockj magasine that he also thought they had been sounding to much like funeral msit on the last couple of records and wanted to go back to the Marduk sounds so I had high expectations especially since Mortuus nowadays have become a good enough singer to do their old songs justice live as well....It is probably a good record but it is not what I want from Marduk at all!

It sounds like funeral mist, they have been turning into funeral mist more and more with each record featuring mortuus and now the transformation is complete...I want my fast, grinding and blastbeating Marduk back! Morgan also said in an interview with seden rockj magasine that he also thought they had been sounding to much like funeral msit on the last couple of records and wanted to go back to the Marduk sounds so I had high expectations especially since Mortuus nowadays have become a good enough singer to do their old songs justice live as well....It is probably a good record but it is not what I want from Marduk at all!

I can understand then. At the same time, they have been changing towards this sound since La Grande Danse Macabre while Legion was still prominent in the band.

He does sound great live, which makes the kinda icky vocals on CD even more annoying

This.

I can understand then. At the same time, they have been changing towards this sound since La Grande Danse Macabre while Legion was still prominent in the band.

But La grande danse macabre and world funeral still sounded Marduk...even Plague angel sounds Marduk but from Rom 5:12 onward I have not recognised my Marduk and I do not like the change...if they want to sound like that then Funeral Mist will be the better band....

I still can hear them, and I feel if you travel those albums in order you will hear the progression record to record. Logical steps imo. Shrug.

Non metal release - The Gathering - Disclosure

I'd noticed :p

I don't think it's realistic to ask a band to put out the same album 30 times. It's boring to listen to, I can only imagine how droll it is to write and tour with a catalog of the same old shit.

But there are limits to how much a band can change their sound I think...If you listen to Serpent Sermon and then to Panzer division Marduk it sounds like two different bands. But perhaps you liked the latest Morbid angel album then if change now is such a good thing?? :)

But there are limits to how much a band can change their sound I think...If you listen to Serpent Sermon and then to Panzer division Marduk it sounds like two different bands. But perhaps you liked the latest Morbid angel album then if change now is such a good thing?? :)

Ewww, Panzer Division? Ewwwwwwwww.

I think we can agree that the changes Marduk have made to their sound are nowhere near Killa Kop status :lol: And while I don't always agree with the changes bands make, I'd rather they grow their sound than remain in place and stagnate...even if that means they grow beyond the things I like about them. It is their band after all, they're not bound to make music that you like only.