Music to scare the crap out of little kids by

this one is even more chaotic than threnody and the brass suddenly gets really loud in parts, so it can be disturbing on a first listen to someone who is not used to this sort of music

I haven't heard that one, but it's on my wishlist now. I get sick of so many people pretending Threnody is the only thing he ever did. Have you heard his Polish Requiem? It's very pretty, Lacrimosa in particular. Penderecki changed a whole lot after the 70's, but no one seems to care :p haha.

i like penderecki's later "neo-romantic" works as well as the earlier ones. polish requiem is indeed among the best requiems composed in the last 50 years. among the earlier works i like the two string quartets, florescences and de natura sonoris ii. the two violin concertos and the second cello concerto, all of which are among his later works, are probably my favorite works by him - together with the threnody, that is. symphonies nos. 2 and 4, and st luke passion are also very good.

i don't know any recordings of pittsburgh overture on the market. i taped it from the radio about 8 years ago.

CAIRATH said:
Industrial/noise: Current93, Coil, Gruntsplatter, In Slaughter Natives, maybe some early day Swans
Ambient: Herbst9, Lustmord, Raison d'Etre

Great call on Coil, awesome stuff. I always put on Psychik TV's Temporary Temple on Halloween. Scares the crap out of everybody!!

Nurse With Wound
White House
Khanate (self-titled in particular)
Sunn O))) (black one in particular)

I fuckin' scare little kids. The sight of me. They see me at the door the last thing their thinkin' about is asking me for a piece of fuckin' candy. One kids mom told him," I looked like some crazed, biblical nut with my long hair and beard, running around in a wheel-chair." "Son of Hoarfrost by Blut Aus Nord and my appearance at the door freaks kids as well as adults.

B000IU3YLY.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V40638390_.jpg

There are stories of collective suicides in Kahzakstan after the listening of this record, entire schools choking to death ...

^lol

i dont know if anybody said it but demon of the fall. my mate downloaded it (maroon 5 fan) and listened to it for the first time when he was lying in bed at 3 in the morning... he almost pooped himself.