Musicians of this forum

I play Guitar (8 yrs) and bass (6 yrs)....not in a band, but have a project with another guy...should be an interesting combo of power metal and melodic death, with me ripping it on lead and bass, and harmonized guitar. My bud plays 1st guitar and drum programming...
I'm thinking of calling the project Avidya, which is a Hindi word meaning "an all encompassing, blinding illusion"...

Ok guys... I've been trying to wonder how this guy records his drum sounds. I know they're electronic drums, but I'm not sure if he uses drum machines, softsynths or drum pads and if the rhythms are sequenced or actually performed live.

What do you think or know about this?

I've got software like Rebirth and Fruity Loops, but they're only usefu for techno rhythms and the like, or so I think, cuz I haven't been able to sequence anything even close to blastbeats or even plain metal...

I'd appreciate any input on this...

:confused:

Winter's Sadness

I´m the singer/growler for Endure. Melodic-brute-death-grind or something (we are angry anyway..:) I used to play some bas but in the end it turned out the way it is now... might be good..:)

I've played in three bands (vocals and/or keyboards). Two of them released CDs: Embrace - goth/doom metal with female vox, and Prophecy - prog/power/industrial/rock and who knows what else all combined (didn't sing on this one). Now I just play guitar, piano, and sing to amuse myself, and occasionally fool around with my sequencer.

Originally posted by llamaura
I've played in three bands (vocals and/or keyboards). Two of them released CDs: Embrace - goth/doom metal with female vox, and Prophecy - prog/power/industrial/rock and who knows what else all combined (didn't sing on this one).

FUCK!!! At first I thought you wrote Embraced (hence the D!!),
and my eyes almost fell out of my head!!! Hehehe...
They are one of my fav' bands at the moment!!!
Then I was like; "What, female vox?! What did I miss?!" >:eek:P
Oh well, it's nice to get shocked every once in a while, makes
you feel alive >:eek:)

Originally posted by Phyros
I´m the singer/growler for Endure. Melodic-brute-death-grind or something (we are angry anyway..:) I used to play some bas but in the end it turned out the way it is now... might be good..:)

I'll have heard the band name before, but I think it was an American band...

Anyway bed time, pillow is calling, alarm rings off in less then 5 hours...

I feel like being the only poster here in this forum... :cry:

Originally posted by Morgana
Wonder how things going for all the musician on this board...
Thanks for asking. :)

Right now, Dungeon is preparing their new album "A Rise To Power" for domestic Australian release on August 29 -- like completeing the artwork & mastering. Up to that time, they're also rehearsing their new set with new songs.

Life is pretty hectic (for me) at the moment, but it's rather fine. :)

I play keyboards and I am learning guitar now. I play some Savatage songs in my friend's band and I am starting a new band.

NP: Skyclad - Inequality Streets

Originally posted by Phyros
Ey! I didn't know you had a band!
Do you have a demo or smth recorded.. or smth? :)

*edit*
I also took the chance to listen to the sample of 'Eventyr'. It's quite good but it's too short... The cover, though, it's beautiful :)

ps: Thanks Morg for bringing these threads back ;)

Hi hi!

I used to play bass, because Steve DiGiorgio inspired me greatly.
Now I just make computer-generated crap!

I'm doing a new project with a Belgian (serious) guitarist.
We want to express our inner pleasures. I'm one hell off
a growler, I'll tell u that much!

OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE
(U know this one, Blackspirit)

HAIL!!!