musicians seeking musicians

Hello all, here Johnny from France, I'm beginning to realize that forming a "real" band has become much too difficult for me, in terms of demands, motivation, availability etc.
So I have figured I would go on with my solo projects but, at the same time, I would like to collaborate with other musicians over the Internet, just to write and record music, not to play live.

The reason is I don't want to be limited by the area I live in. Here, good musicians are scarce, and my only option is thus to collaborate over the Internet.
As far as music itself is concerned, I'm quite open-minded. The only stuff I don't like playing is reggae and rap music, and I don't have much experience in classical and gipsy guitar.
I have to say that my favourite forms of music are metal, slightly twisted guitar instrumentals and funk metal (eg. Extreme). However, I would be really interested in writing or arranging pop songs.

If you want to have an idea of what I play, here is the URL of my site where you can listen to most of what I've recorded over the past four years : http://ricodomain.free.fr/ (selection on the left pannel)
I've played the guitar since 1994, and used audio software since 2001.
I'm experienced in Fruity Loops, Adobe Audition, Cubase SX3, Reaper, I mainly use EZDrummer for digital drums and of course, I own everything that is necessary to the proper recording of a guitar.

To conclude, I haven't thought of a work method but I suppose that if I manage to find people as motivated as I am, everything should go well. I think we could start with a basic way: share updated tracks on a regular basis and take the time to chat on MSN Messenger or the like when necessary.

Regarding the kind of people I'm looking for (I insist on having several projects going on and I don't see any problem with that), anybody who's experienced in writing or arranging music, who has a good ear and most of all, who knows how to use audio software and is regularly online (at nights, for instance) is interesting to me!

Whether you play the keys, the bass, the guitar or you sing, or play any other instrument for that matter, if you think you fit this description, do not hesitate to pm me !

Talk to you soon!

----------------
Now playing: BACH - Presto
via FoxyTunes

Seems everyone is looking for drummers and vocalists. Well, that's the way it always goes I suppose.

I'm looking for a vocalist for an internet collab, doesn't matter where you're located. I play guitar, keyboard, program drums, and produce. I write lyrics and music. Right now, I scream quietly and use distortion and effects. My songs need proper vocals. I'm old school so I am looking for Bathory style vocals, but I'm very open minded as far as vocal style. I would classify what I'm doing as "black metal". Medium paced tempo stuff, not speed metal or thrash. Some of my influences are King Diamond, Candlemass, Helstar, Trouble, and of course Bathory.

Would be nice to find a drummer for collabs too.

Here's 2 songs you can check out.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=800475

TIMELINE will be auditioning lead vocalists to work with us in completing our 2nd CD, Epoch. Samples of our material, both from the first CD and Epoch can be found at our main site www.timelinemusic.net. If you have an interest in working with us, please contact us at management@timelinemusic.net and indicate how we can hear any samples of your vocals. We will provide more information via email or phone.

Thanks

i am a drummer seeking a band! woot woot. i do have a drum set, albeit in terrible condition. i am highly influenced by meshuggah, isis, and mastodon. i'd be interested in collaborating with anyone who is serious about actually playing music (none of this "we're not emo, we're hardcore" bullshit). i require progressions of more than three chords. i'd be happy to hear from anyone who's interested.

We're a hardcore punk/metal band based in Oxford, UK. Our ex-singer has gone off to write poetry and knit kittens or something like that so we need a vocalist who can scare old people and small children. Have a listen to us here :- www.myspace.com/13Gauge
Anybody interested should email us at 13Gauge at gmail dot com.

Cheers,

Jim

BLAZE IT!
StixnStond from L.A.
Looking for an established band/project (whatever people are calling it these days)
I'm 29, been playing for over 15yrs.
Double bass, blasts-beats, rolls/fills...whats your poison?!
Heavily under the influence;
Classic Sepultura, Pantera & Slayer (of course), SoilentGreen, CannibalCorpse... and i can go on&on&on...
Stoner-types, male/female - all welcomed, just no junkies

I have a lockout @ DownTown Rehearsal
ProAttitude & skilled - looking to do this real/for life - f*ck this RATRACE

no transportation at this moment - dont let that deter you!

email stixnstond(at)yahoo, or call 323 four5nine6seven5nine
keep it heavy

WOW!!!
I definitely didn't expect all the responses.
LOL I initially meant this thread for replies from people interested in collabing with myself but if anyone gets some jam time out of this then I'm all for it to be what it is.
Anyone have any luck so far?

WOW!!!
I definitely didn't expect all the responses.
LOL I initially meant this thread for replies from people interested in collabing with myself but if anyone gets some jam time out of this then I'm all for it to be what it is.
Anyone have any luck so far?

I guess we all hijacked your thread :lol:. Sorry about that. Since this was a sticky, I think I assumed it was a general musicians seeking musicians thread. The posts that were here indicated that too. Oh well, anyway, probably better we all post in one thread, rather than individually.

I wonder if anyone here found what they were looking for. I say probably not. Not much traffic on this forum. It is a nicely done forum though, and the only one of it's kind, that I know of.

Not that I think I will get any replies but...

If there are any bassists, drummers, or keyboardists in the Howard County area please PM me.

What's up! I'm Ben, 30 yr old power metal guitarist and animator from Berkeley. I'm having a dickens of a time finding competent musicians who are into power metal. Any ideas? Or should I just give up and move to Sweden? :D
Feel free to check out my chops and hit me up if you want to shred!
Thanks!
-Ben
www.myspace.com/benspurgin

I've been contemplating Sweden, but learning Swedish doesn't sound like much fun...

Your music is great! I'd love to do rhythm guitars for your project but I'm all the way on the other coast.

Damn, when you said Berkeley I momentarily thought you meant Berkeley College of Music here in Boston. But instead you're a couple thousand miles away...and also, seriously out of my league I'm afraid.

Thats damn good, I have a hard time believing you cant find people to play with in Cali. Your write up more fits that of hardcore than your music.

Seems everyone is looking for drummers and vocalists. Well, that's the way it always goes I suppose.

I'm looking for a vocalist for an internet collab, doesn't matter where you're located. I play guitar, keyboard, program drums, and produce. I write lyrics and music. Right now, I scream quietly and use distortion and effects. My songs need proper vocals. I'm old school so I am looking for Bathory style vocals, but I'm very open minded as far as vocal style. I would classify what I'm doing as "black metal". Medium paced tempo stuff, not speed metal or thrash. Some of my influences are King Diamond, Candlemass, Helstar, Trouble, and of course Bathory.

Would be nice to find a drummer for collabs too.

Here's 2 songs you can check out.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=800475

I'm not a drummer or a vocalist but I was just interested in what you used for the string synths?

co springs based folk metal band needs a drummer. PM me if interested
~gR~

You forgot to mention that we have a bassist, two guitarists, a flutist, a keyboardist and a dude who plays random shit.

I've been contemplating Sweden, but learning Swedish doesn't sound like much fun...

Your music is great! I'd love to do rhythm guitars for your project but I'm all the way on the other coast.

In almost any given European country there are areas where the locals speak English fluently. Sweden is made up of citizenry who speak many languages these days: Swedish Latin, Swedish French, etc.