musicians seeking musicians

Anyone in Des Moines Iowa looking to join or start a death metal band? I do vocals and guitar and I play with a drummer. I know a guitar player and a bass player, but they can't learn the first song i wrote after I've showed it to them several times several weeks ago. So I'm looking for a decent guitar player and a decent bass player if there are any in des moines that want to play some death metal. My influences are Death, Necrophagist, Obscura, slayer, and others. The drummer I jam with is more along the lines of 6 feet under (he's only been playing for 8 months or so, but he's getting better).
e-mail me at: dedhand@hotmail.com

I have an internet project called "Robert Stack and The Unsolved Mysteries."

It's Progressive Metal.

I need someone who would be willing to throw down some bass for "Closet Phantom Will Eat Your Bones"

Message me on myspace if you are interested.

www.myspace.com/rsatusm

Hi,

we are Misconducters, a London based trio with 3 EPs released and plenty of gig experience in the UK. We're now in look of a new bassist who would commit to the band enough not to go cancelling rehearsals/gigs last minute for no reason.

Influences: Misfits, Black Sabbath, Motörhead, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, Black Flag, Angel Witch, Mountain, English Dogs, Supersuckers etc.

Get in touch if you:
.like our music
.are reliable
.can play fast
.have good stamina
.are a fast learner
.are creative

Don't bother if you:
.play in another band
.just wanna jam
.are not looking to stay in the band
.have a big ego
.are not reliable

Rehearsals used to happen about 3 times per month as we were very tight as a band. Since we have a few gigs booked (plus others to confirm) in the next few months, maybe twice a week in the first couple of weeks would be an idea just to get things going. Rehearsals are in the evening (6:30-9:30pm or something like that) near Finchley Central Station, in North London.

Please check our page for some tunes/quotes and get back if interested: www.myspace.com/misconducters

Cheers

Howdy....trying to locate someone interested in trying their hand at death/doom vocals for a little project I am working on...been tinkering in Ableton Live for a while, and eager to try adding vocals to something I am working on....unfortunately I can't growl/scream at all!!!

Anyone out there from anywhere in the world that might be able to help with this? If you are interested, send me a note! Some of the other stuff I have done is on youtube....www.youtube.com/jbmetaldad

If you are maybe interested in trying your hand at this, let me know...

Looking for a bass player w/ a 5 string for an internet doom metal project.

Have 6 completed songs that just need to be rerecorded.

Material is slow, about 50 bpms on average, and is pretty simple to play. Think a slightly slower version of Hellhammer.

Here's a link to two old mixes that were recorded 3 years ago w/ an actual band,

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=947155

This will be an internet only project, so you'll need to be able to record via a digital medium, as well as be able to send and receive WAV files.

Serious inquiries only please.

We're a death/progressive metal band from Montreal looking for an experienced drummer that would suit our style. We play entirely for fun (we're all university students) but we practice frequently, record professionally, and gig regularly. We are looking for a drummer who is more motivated than our previous one and who is around our age group (18-22).

If interested, e-mail me at sinaesthesia-band@hotmail.com and I'll send you a recording of one of our songs, and we could arrange a jam if it suits your style.

Omega Rites (currently my one-man project) looks for vocalist:
http://www.myspace.com/omegarites

There won't be gigs, because two persons can't do gigs, so it doesn't matter where you live in.
I really hope someone would be interested. ALSO, if a vocalist is found, I hope they can do clean vocals too, but if not, it doesn't matter.

If interested, send a pm or email/add me on msn: seko (dot) idiootti (at)gmail (dot) com

Hey saw the thread so i decided to add my requesti'm a lead guitarist and vocalist (temporarily maybe) in my band and i'm looking for a drummer and a bassist i have a rythmn guitarist and pro gear plus a place to jam and record i live in illinois by the alton area so ifanybody is interested dont hesitate to get a hold of me i have alot of material and am friends with a local bands booking guy i'd say agent but that sounds silly, also the genres we work in are but not limited to are death metal, thrash, and melodic metal so yea hit me up

Long shot, but looking for people in the Montreal area interested in playing melodic death metal (of the old school variety) with influences from thrash and doom.

Wotans Apotheosis: We are a 5 piece female fronted metal band from London, On, Canada. We're looking for a drummer who can commit, and has their own kit. We do a mix of power metal and prog with some thrash incluences. Our primary influences include: Angra, Axenstar, Blind Guardian, Dragonforce, Dreamtheatre, Edguy, Epica, Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, Luna Mortis, Megadeth, Nightwish, Rebellion, Sonata Arctica, Tarot, etc.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in contact us at lagosas@hotmail.com

because we have no drummer, yet, wee have not begun recording (so we have no demos)

Has anyone ever found anybody doing this? I'm currently in a band and we put up some fliers at the local record stores/music shops and have yet to receive any calls.

Has anyone ever found anybody doing this? I'm currently in a band and we put up some fliers at the local record stores/music shops and have yet to receive any calls.

I'm located near you. What's your band like and what are you looking for?

Judging from your avatar, I think you'd like it. We are a traditional doom metal band along the lines of Reverend Bizarre, Hour of 13, Witchfinder General, Pagan Altar, etc. Our name is Olórin and we are Lord of the Rings influenced. Check out our flier at Co-Op records/Guitar Center if you want a little more info.

Also, we do have a myspace page with 2 of our songs up. We have yet to write/record vocals, but we are working on this. www.myspace.com/olorindoom

Hey! We need a fucking keyboardist. I know someone in Central Illinois plays the keys and loves metal.
We're playing powermetal.
So get off your ass and come play some metal!

Drummer wanted to complete line-up of a as yet unamed Thrash/Heavy Metal band in the Andover or Southampton area of England, Influnces are many but include Iron Maiden, Megadeth, (early) Metallica, Slayer, (early) Sepultura, Dio and so on. It would be a bonus if you had some where for us to practice. Get in touch with me, Joe the bass player, at countorlok@hotmail.co.uk

Greetings.

We are Christgrinder, a Blackened Death Metal band from the UK. We are influenced by most forms of extreme music from Black, Death & Grind all the way through to Doom & Drone, but our main influences are:

Wolves in The Throne Room
Nile
Leviathan
Akercocke
Ahab
Anaal Nathrakh
Emperor
Ihsahn
Agalloch
Ulver
Cryptopsy
Marduk
Vader

We are releasing an EP towards the end of the year & are seeking a drummer to join Christgrinder permanently on a non-session basis.

You must:

Have excellent technical facility on the instrument
Have Your own transport
Have Your own professional equipment
Be available to gig & rehearse multiple times weekly
Have a positive attitude towards promotion & furthering the band’s interests
Have a professional attitude towards rehearsal & promotion

It is also an advantage, but not essential if you have any kind of vocal ability (growls, cleans etc) & a willingness to take part in writing songs & contributing music & lyrics

Theres are some samples of our material available to listen to on our myspace:

www.myspace.com/Christgrinder2012

If that interests you please get in touch via our email:

Christgrinder@hotmail.co.uk
Or via our myspace

Regards –

Christgrinder