musicians

guitar 6 years and some bass every now and then, sitar and the oud (arabic stringed instrument). and some drumming mostly doubel bass stuff nothing crazy though :kickass:

cthulufhtagn said:
i've been playing guitar for just over 5 years and i'm just kinda curious, who here plays an instrument? what instrument and for how long?

also, isis' "panopticon" = :worship: (just bought it)

i saw them live recently fucking phenomenal shit :headbang:

Bored said:
guitar 6 years and some bass every now and then, sitar and the oud (arabic stringed instrument). and some drumming mostly doubel bass stuff nothing crazy though :kickass:
Impressive, about the sitar. Are you asian or middle eastern?

Guitar - 5 years...self taught, random bass here and there, doing more vocal now
I do plan on learning piano in the years to come, along with theory.

Apprentice's Master said:

Just cuz he plays Sitar doesn't mean he has to be Asian or Middle Eastern

Apprentice's Master said:

i am middle eastern .. i am from kuwait but i moved to canada about 3 years ago.. not many arabic people know what a sitar is yet alone play one so its pretty rare.. i just find its tone to be so sad i love it!.. as for the oud i dunno if most of you know what it is but heres a pic..
http://www.eraydinsazevi.com.tr/images/gallery/oud-front-2.jpg

its like a fat guitar haha :)

Classical guitar, about 9-10 years. I'm planning to get a sitar, too. There are sitar-courses at my university. :O

I've been playing guitar (acoustic and electric) for about a year now. I am almost entirely self taught, and I'm not very good.

Long ago I took piano lessons for about 3 years, then quit. I have recently been playing again and I can play to about the middle of Silhouette :D.

I have a BC Rich Beast and a Schecter 98 series with bats flying down the neck. I have been playing for about 2 years.

The cool thing is, I can play almost every song off Damnation except for #3
I can play deliverance, A fair judgement, Masters Apprentice, Leper Affinity, the funeral portrait, harvest, bleak, dirge for november, demon and karma

of course i know other bands but i just dont want to list them

Guitar for just over five years. Self taught, and most of the time I just sit down and "play" opposed to learning actual songs. I just try to come up with riffs I like and stuff.

Bass for 8 years. I'm more of a guitar player now days though and haven't really touched a bass in several of those "8 years". Played stand up bass in middle and highschool, and was quite good at it.

Learning a little piano, but mostly just doing stuff by ear.

Bored said:
i am middle eastern .. i am from kuwait but i moved to canada about 3 years ago.. not many arabic people know what a sitar is yet alone play one so its pretty rare.. i just find its tone to be so sad i love it!.. as for the oud i dunno if most of you know what it is but heres a pic..
http://www.eraydinsazevi.com.tr/images/gallery/oud-front-2.jpg

its like a fat guitar haha :)
i think historians say the oud is a kind of ancestor of the modern guitar

it indeed is.. itts pretty wierd.. the pick u use for it is a long piece of plastic about 6 inches long or somethiing around that.. small neck but its harder to play than it seems