My apologies and an explanation (political)

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
I feel like there's some things I want to say about the state of things (in the world, here at UM.com) and to explain my vehement, passionate pro-American behavior 'round these parts lately.

First off, I need to say that I do not apologize whatsoever for my love and defense of my country. I'm sorry, but I cannot.

What I DO apologize for is at times getting nasty and specifically attempting to insult people. I also apologize to Dill, Mark, Russell, and any other mods for forums I've been arguing so much in.

I stayed away from UM.com for long chunks at a time over the past few days lately, simply so I could cool down and be more rational. I want to say that after thinking about it, I respect every single person's beliefs and views on what's going on in the world right now. Even the people who've made me seethe, I respect your thoughts. So I'm sorry, for anyone I attacked or made rude comments to. Understand they were said in the heat of the moment, and I didn't mean to purposely hurt anyone.

Now I feel I must explain why I became so angry at times. What has incensed me of late are those who, rather than debate with true facts and beliefs, are those who attack ALL Americans, and hate us simply for having our OWN beliefs! I can completely respect having a civilized debate; and it's of course ok to feel YOUR own way. I just cannot understand how so many people worldwide hold every American man, woman and child accountable. We are people just like you. We happen to live in the United States. Many of us know loves, lives, sorrows, tragedies, beliefs, and causes just like all of you do, all over the world. Calling us ALL murderers, killers, bastards and such is just not right.

So anyway, that's all I can think to say really. This just came out of my heart and head, and I felt like I had to say these things. I'm sure some people will like what I've said, I'm sure some people will flame on, I don't care which to be honest. This is the last I will argue about anything pro- or anti-American. It's silly to argue with each other about different opinions; we all have them! So cheers, and be good to each other.

When I was 12, I went to my friends house and while he wasn't looking, opened the laundry basket and sniffed his mom's panties.
Who's next?

Mark, you're a real american :D Seriously, I must be the only one that you haven't argued with (because I hate politics :devil: )

I haven't been arguing with mark either, but that's because I agree with his stance on the damn war :D

But I stopped posting to that thread awhile ago, when I sensed myself getting too personal with the posts. I understand where you are coming from mark. I respect everyone's opinions on these forums, and fully understand many are upset with the US war on Iraq. But hating all Americans is out-of-bounds. I'm sure most anti-war folks would agree with that.

Cheers.

--S

Reactions: Ultimate_Symphony
Thank you Mark That was refreshing Like a cool breeze on a hot day I honestly respect what you have to say my opinion may differ Just because I dont trust the government But DAMMIT I LOVE BEING AN AMERICAN we are a great people I just cant agree with somthin I dont belive in :saint:

leper iffinity said:
i find this all pretty god damn funny!

Whats that i hear.....7 ENGLISH troups killed by an AMERICAN helicopter crash......

OK... that's funny.

You can be an American, you can love your country. That dosen mean that you have to LOVE everything that Americans do. Besides, we are all the same.

Generalizing also pisses me off. Unfortunately a large majority of the people on this planet would rather remain ignorant and uninformed, pointing the finger to somewhere else than take some time to learn, communicate and educate themselves. It´s much easier to hate and complain than to UNDERSTAND.

Question Authority.

CONCLAVE OBSCURUM said:
OK... that's funny.

You can be an American, you can love your country. That dosen mean that you have to LOVE everything that Americans do. Besides, we are all the same.

I agree, but let's leave it at that so we don't ruin this thread.

I, personally, have no stance on this war, because I don't trust any information I'm given. I can't really have an opinion without facts to base it on.

you know what i really think is funny, people protesting the war even AFTER we find the shit he says he didnt have and mishandling POW's, hilarious. Fucking hippy scum