My Arms Your Hearse: Best Two

My Arms Your Hearse: Best Two

• Total voters

Rahan

Mar 3, 2004
Montreal, Canada
Okay, the wait for the new album is long, so let's have fun meanwhile.
Which pair of songs do you prefer on MY ARMS YOUR HEARSE.

01) April Ethereal - When
02) April Ethereal - The Amen Corner
03) April Ethereal - Demon Of The Fall
04) April Ethereal - Credence
05) April Ethereal - Karma
06) When - The Amen Corner
07) When - Demon Of The Fall
08) When - Credence
09) When - Karma
10) The Amen Corner - Demon Of The Fall
11) The Amen Corner - Credence
12) The Amen Corner - Karma
13) Demon Of The Fall - Credence
14) Demon Of The Fall - Karma
15) Credence - Karma

Why is Epilogue nowhere on this list? It's one of my two top favorites. :(

(I can understand omitting Madrigal because it's so tiny, but Epilogue is a full-fledged song.)

WRITE IN VOTE: Epilogue--When

Elek said:
Am I terribly mistaken by the thought that this is Opeth's worst album?
Indeed you are. Perhaps you should spend some more time getting aquainted with it, as everyone else has, then you'll get it.

april ethereal - when, for me.

ShroudOfDusk said:
Indeed you are. Perhaps you should spend some more time getting aquainted with it, as everyone else has, then you'll get it.
i agree with you this is surely not their worst album, but there is something i'll never understand: how come several people suggest to listen to an album more until it grows on them? if it doesn't, it doesn't, no? am i wrong?

If you don't like an album and listen to it more, chances are you'll like it in the end. Chances are this and that.

When - Karma

I didn't like this at first, for example:

I think Mr Catfish says is best:

anonymousnick2001 said:
You know you have a good album when you pop it in the player and after listening, you take it out...and blurt out, 'What, that's it? What's the big deal?' The first time, it's underwhelming; the second time, it's boring; the third time, it's genius; every time after that, it gets better and better...That's timeless art...

this album is fantastic. i encourage naysayers to take another listen. maybe do something - the dishes, maybe - while its playing in the background.

TheFourthHorseman said:
If you don't like an album and listen to it more, chances are you'll like it in the end.
my 2 cents: if you listen to an album a couple of times and you don't like it and you base your not liking it on rational reasons, you won't like it even if you listen to it 100 times.
if you didn't like it just because, you might end up liking it, but in this case you were wrong in the first place.

i don't like tomatoes and won't like them not even if i eat one million. simply because i don't like the taste, and this is not going to change :yuk:

mourningstar said:
i agree with you this is surely not their worst album, but there is something i'll never understand: how come several people suggest to listen to an album more until it grows on them? if it doesn't, it doesn't, no? am i wrong?

I've found that usually by three listens I can make a good judgment about an album.

I had one instance with Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here where for whatever reason I was in a vile mood the first night I ever listened to it...all I could focus on were the little things I didn't like about it. I almost traded it in! So I put it away for a little while. But on the second and third listen I found that my opinion slowly changed...while I never will warm up to the studio version of the SONG "Wish You Were Here" (I heard a live version first and consider the live far superior), the album overall turned out to be extremely good.

Maybe I'm an oddity, but I do think multiple listens (perhaps three is reasonable) are sometimes required to know for sure if you'll want to reject something completely.

As for MAYH, I consider it one of my two favorite albums, along with Damnation.

Karma, april ethereal - and in my experience the best albums are those that grow on you, most black metal has a habit of doing this. I didn't get the big thing about Darkthrone and (early) Burzum for ages.