My Arms Your Hearse: Best Two

My Arms Your Hearse: Best Two

• Total voters
Well, if Remember Tommorow isn't allowed than I'll simply have to vote Prologue - Epilogue. *sigh*. Again its not allowed as a choice. So I guess I'll be the only sucker who'll vote Credence - Karma.

I made a mistake and voted AE and TAC.. wanted AE and Demon... oh well...

Hardest choice ever. All of its songs are amazing. Demon is so full with emotion ..When is.. all the songs.. what an album ... still I overplayed some songs, thus I picked that option

for those that voted remember tomorrow or circle of tyrants:
do you genuinely feel that opeth's cover of those 2 songs beats out any of the amazing songs on MAYH? ...i just couldn't really rate a song a band covers over an album of awesome original material.

Obviously, if you don't force yourself to listen to a particular CD that you don't like anyway, you'll never like it! Obviously again, that CD will never be the only one in the world -there are millions out there-... The recipe I was talking about is also mediterranean, from Spain (especially from the Barcelona area), and it's called "pantumaca" (if my spelling is alright). As we say, "there's no accounting for taste" at the end of the day. But MAYH, well, that was THE shift in Opeth's history and one of their best two / three albums (only my opinion). my signature: PEAC EOUT!

Demoke said:
Obviously, if you don't force yourself to listen to a particular CD that you don't like anyway, you'll never like it!
well, who cares if i'll never like an album i don't like? :p (lol, you and i are grazing nonsense on this thread! :loco: ).

Demoke said:
The recipe I was talking about is also mediterranean, from Spain (especially from the Barcelona area), and it's called "pantumaca" (if my spelling is alright).
you know, italians and spanish are sort of "cousins". only, spanish are more hairy :lol:

mourningstar said:
yeah, i agree on that, the first time i listen to an album i can only have a rough idea of it.

in my previous post i was mainly referring to some people (not only on this board) that were saying "i listened to it until it grew on me, and now i like it", suggesting the listening times required were way more than 3 or 4. i remember someone saying that the first time he listened to the new in flames he thought it was shit, but forced himself to listen to it until it had grown on him. that is pretty stupid if you ask me, because there is no rule saying "you must like this album if you like the band".

I forced myself to listen to Still Life because I didn't like it at first. Now it's my favorite Opeth album. There is no rule, as you stated, but it worked for me.

Hello Guys,

The polls are going very well thanks to you. Like I posted in the "Rahan's Polls" tread, I know some songs per album are sometimes omitted in polls and this isn't because I'm a doodiehead or cockface or whatever, it's because of the limited amount of entries permitted per poll. The most songs per album I can fit per poll with all possible combination is 6. Sooo... don't worry! After the Damnation poll, There will be a final "first round poll" called "Left Behind: Best Two" coming up tomorrow. This poll will have the songs Benighted, Harvest, Patterns Of The Ivy, Ending Credits, Weakness and Epilogue fighting for the final spots prior the "second round" upcoming polls. For fans of Silhouette, Requiem, Madrigal, Prologue, Still Day Beneath The Sun and Patterns Of The Ivy II, I'm sorry but, hey, I'm doing what I can.

This being said, PLEASE USE THE VOTING BUTTONS for your votes since those are the one I will use to determine the songs making it to the second rounds. I'm not counting the "write in votes". You have until Tuesday, September 7th at 9h00pm Eastern Daylight Saving Time to submit your votes. Afterwards, were going into Round 2 with the top 24 songs.

Cheers ! :headbang: