My Arms, Your Hearse

It's true, you don't really hear other bands whose riffs sound like theirs. I think I've just WAY over-exposed myself to them, and maybe I'll go back to them someday, but I can't stomach more than a couple of songs off of anything but Orchid these days. I used to be a super-fanboy and everything. It was fun, you should all try it :p

I'd say Still Life is their magnum opus, when everything came together. I think it's a little bit like Orchid and a little bit like Deliverance. Well-rounded. I'm most sentimentally attached to Deliverance, my first metal album ever.

But really, all of them are great and I've never been able to choose a favorite, though Blackwater Park is the only one that doesn't stand a chance of being No. 1. The others are just better, including Damnation. I have a hard time ranking them and since it's ever changing, it's not worth the effort. I do think Orchid is incredible and probably the best as for never wearing out or getting stale after ridiculous amounts of repeated listening.

I still pretty much agree with something I said 16 years ago.

I like Morningrise, but not all the way through. It's also lacks the shroud of mystery of Orchid.

I feel Morningrise is an attempt to clean Orchid up, when there was nothing to clean up.

i feel like morningrise is orchid but with songs that at least kind of flow

also with thiccer atmosphere