My best 6505+ tone yet I think. Check it...

J.DavisNJ

\m/
Nov 8, 2005
NJ, U.S.A.
Some lame riffs, excuse that lol. But I finally got down to quad tracking, and focused on playing tight. Also, I only used one SM57 for it, I found that worked best for me. I think it can use a tad more gain and low end. The SD-1 is a low end robber...

Anyone have suggestions for a sweet ass Keeley boost?? The modded SD-1 looks great.

Anyway, I think it's definitely usable...Please let me know what you think. Cheers,

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=452533

-Joe

Sounds really scooped to me, not really my thing. But yeah, sounds very usable. On a side note, just listened to your short cover of "For The Love Of God" on your Soundclick and I think you really nailed that tone.

cobhc, thanks! I don't know why but that clip came out good. PodXT all the way haha. It is a bit scooped, I should add a tad more mids.

Gnash, tubes aren't stock...I honestly forget what they are, they were changed out when I got it on ebay. Svetlanas maybe?? Not sure

-Joe

Damnit! Prefer that Vai Love of God tone you managed to get, thats almost bang on the mark. Would there be any chance i could snatch that one to have a play with?

6505 sounds pretty usable to moi :)