My best RevalverIII tone so far...

Hi guys. First post here. ;)
For those still trying to get the tone right, here's a tip.
Not all guitars, sound the same, you already know that. So you should add more plug-ins to the chain - EQs.
Why? Because the tone is tailored to suit GubbKuk's DI guitar sound. I found that his guitar is much brighter than mine.
So, you should use a spectrum analiser to capture his curves, than adjust your sound accordingly.
Some programs like iZotope's Ozone, can actually do the matching Eq for you, saving a lot a trouble.
You take a snapshot of GubbKuk's DI guitar, then another one of your's, than let the program adjust automatically.
Mine had a little more low end than his, and the highs were not bright enough (DB-333).
You may have to apply more Eqs along the chain, but you get the picture.
I hope it helps. :)

Hello GubbKuk,

this is my first post and I am a beginner with this kind of stuff because
since two weeks ago I am trying to figure out cubcase and revalver 3 so I can get these great tones, especaily your Best Revalver 3 tone. Before that I had never heard of Cubase, Vst's Revalver and that kind of stuff.

now I have everything up and running but I have got this impressive latency.
How do you play with all that latency, or do you have a work around in cubase ?
My soundcard is an audiophile 2496 and I got a premamp (maybe that has got to do something with the latency ? ) and I am using your simple method (each plugin with a preset)

Greetings,

Kuno

Hi!

I was just searching through the forum and wanted to ask if there are any general tips on using the demo version of revalver mk III.

I know it's pretty limited...it's not possible to load or save presets and it puts this weird sound in from time to time.

So the only way to do it is to dial in a good tone and make a mixdown of the guitar track (can't change the tone later then though) and then make a second mixdown and cut the noise out/do a copy/paste job. ;)

And if you figure that you don't like the tone you have to start again...and the only way to "save" the settings is to write it down or make a screenshot.

Is that it?

Or do you have any other tips/did I miss something?!

Thanks in advance...any help is welcome. :)

GubbKuk's sound is actually exellent, but JUST with EXACTLY SAME stuff ( EMG picks!) like he got! I used his instruction ( downloaded the same VSTs, and effect), and its sound was exellent, but just with GubbKuk's clean sample! My guitar has Seymour picks, therefore the sound became not as "strong" as the EMG-sound.

If anybody can post the actual EQ, compressor, etc. settings it would be appreciated. I do not have any waves plug ins, so I would need to use another.

If anybody can post the actual EQ, compressor, etc. settings it would be appreciated. I do not have any waves plug ins, so I would need to use another.

In order, sorry for the huge size, thought it'd help anyways

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/799706/GubbKuk_chain.jpg

btw i wanted to mess with this just for fun but.... i get everything on place... and it doesn't make any sound :rofl: haha that console app is preety useful.. but i can't make it work =B

OK so here comes the settings guys!

You have to either buy or dowload 30-day demo of a great plugin to do guitarchains in called ConsoleVST http://console.jp/en/
Its a bitch to install but rtfm :lol:

You´ll need these plugins:
  • Waves X-Hum
  • Waves X-noise
  • Reagate (free here)
  • Waves C1
  • Waves Req
  • Waves C4
  • BTE TSS (free here)
  • Revalver mkIII (Of Course)
  • Voxengo CurveEQ
  • Voxengo Boogex

Preset:
Link (wait and then press click the download link at the bottom)
Mirror
I´ve also included a DI track and what the DI-track should sound like after :kickass:

Now what you need to do is place Revalver inbetween the C4 and CurveEQ and connect from the C4 output -> Revalver input.. and Revalver output -> CurveEQ
Like on this pic: http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z193/fittjoystick/chaingb.jpg
And then (inside revalver) create a 6505 and load the module preset
Load the EnglV30 (The one with more presence) into boogex

Its hard to give you this in a easy way but hopefully this will work for you guys!
Tell me if you want it different, whatever you wish :)
Cheers! :kickass:

PS.
Change the X-hum to 60hz if you live in a country that has that electric utility (I.E USA)

Feel free to ask if theres anything

How do you get all these running without latency from Fucking Hell!?

^ There's already a pic of everything on page 6 - post by reg3n

I tried the simplified version in Reaper and it sounds awesome! Thanks a whole hell of a lot!

This stuff rocks my world, LEGENDARY status. My Waves REq 6 bands can't load fxp presets (dunno if this is a Sonar issue, but all non-Waves plugs in Sonar DO load and save fxp presets). So maybe if you post a screenshot of the Waves REq settingz? Thanks!!!

Dude I have the same problem.Waves cannot read *.fxp presets.We need someone to capture a screenshot of the Waves REQ 6 bands EQ settings or to upload the preset in Waves format *.xps or *.pst.Please guys help us!!!

GubbKuk, maybe you colud post your AD - Drumagog & post-processing settings (which many people asked for here), I think everyone would appreciate it so much!

Compliments for your work anyway!
:)

bow_kneelsuckers.gif