My best RevalverIII tone so far...

@GubbKuk

very nice idea to post your settings. i am searching for a long time to find a good guitar sound. it seems to be, that my search is over. i tried your settings with the wagner plugin. it sounds great!
but my latency is pissing me off. do you record with the direct monitoring or how did you made that?
i have a quadcore 6600 and 2gb ram, i thought this would be enough by far. was i wrong? could you post your system settings or give me an advice please, i'm going nuts here:loco:

but fucking awesome guitartone you made!!!

@GubbKuk

very nice idea to post your settings. i am searching for a long time to find a good guitar sound. it seems to be, that my search is over. i tried your settings with the wagner plugin. it sounds great!
but my latency is pissing me off. do you record with the direct monitoring or how did you made that?
i have a quadcore 6600 and 2gb ram, i thought this would be enough by far. was i wrong? could you post your system settings or give me an advice please, i'm going nuts here:loco:

but fucking awesome guitartone you made!!!

You cannot play it in realtime cause Boogex and CurveEq is not in real-time, however, you can download KeFIR and remove the CurveEQ and maybe it will work

the curveeq presets load but dont actually change any settings :( is there a way to manually post paramaters to manually set? or give me some tips on how to tweak it myself or where to get good curveeq presets?

You have to either buy or dowload 30-day demo of a great plugin to do guitarchains in called ConsoleVST http://console.jp/en/
Its a bitch to install but rtfm :lol:

Hi, GubbKuk!

No sh*t! Its a nightmare, that's what it is!

I've got a copy of Console 1.6 and am trying to use it to try out your settings (and learn how to use Console) but I can't get it to detect my VST plugins! Only the DX ones (which I don't like using...). Plus, the vast majority of my plugins are VST. I've added the path to my VSTplugins folder in the options and scanned the whole of it. Some of them it says it can't use cos it needs Cubase (even though I have cubase), but checks everything else, including the Waves plugins. But, then, when I open the plug-ins drop down menu to select them and drag-n-drop 'em on my project, there is nothing! :confused: The menu is absolutely empty! Only the DX plugins can be seen.

Any help or suggestion you might have would be extremely grateful.

Cheers!

the programm VSThost is free I believe (not sure), and works the same as ConsoleVST.

Well, I managed to get my plugins to come up. I rebooted the computer and did the scan again and, for some reason, that worked.

But now I have another problem. Opened a new project on Cubase. Dropped the Test DI on a Audio Mono track, opened Console as an insert and opened the console project that GubbKuk supplied. Here the problem starts.

Firstly, it opens, but with the Revalver MkIII missing. I only have the demo version, but it should work nonetheless. Anyway, that's the least of my worries. I added Revalver myself to the chain. Opened it and loaded a 6560, loaded the Revalver preset GubbKuk supplied. I pressed play to hear if it would change the Test DI sound to Gubb's great tone, but no, no sound WHATSOEVER!! I switch Console off from the inserts and the sound was back. So I looked inside Console and it tells me that 3 of the elements on the chain cannot process in real-time. I decided then to applied the plug-in directly to the sound wave and even then, NOTHING, it just turns the sound wave to complete silence!

What is going on? Any ideas? Thanks!!!!

Ok I made a simplier version
No need of Console, and removed many plugins

You need:
  • Reagate (free here)
  • Waves Req
  • BTE TSS (free here)
  • Revalver mkIII
  • Voxengo CurveEQ
  • Voxengo Boogex

There are instructions in the .zip

LINK!

:kickass::kickass::kickass:

does anyone know if there is a built in cubase 4 plugin or a free plugin or something that I can use instead of waves req, don't have the money for the a waves bundle at the moment and thats the one im missing from that list...

Hi, GubbKuk!

No sh*t! Its a nightmare, that's what it is!

I've got a copy of Console 1.6 and am trying to use it to try out your settings (and learn how to use Console) but I can't get it to detect my VST plugins! Only the DX ones (which I don't like using...). Plus, the vast majority of my plugins are VST. I've added the path to my VSTplugins folder in the options and scanned the whole of it. Some of them it says it can't use cos it needs Cubase (even though I have cubase), but checks everything else, including the Waves plugins. But, then, when I open the plug-ins drop down menu to select them and drag-n-drop 'em on my project, there is nothing! :confused: The menu is absolutely empty! Only the DX plugins can be seen.

Any help or suggestion you might have would be extremely grateful.

Cheers!

Hey! Tack som fan för din preset! Thanks alot for your sharing!

I got the exact problem. You know what it could be?

Thanks again! Love the sound you got, have listen 100times of the soundclip! hehe.

Cheers!

After listening to your clips I'm sitting here looking at my couple guitars, 3 amps, a nice Boogie cab, an SM57 and an i5 and I honestly just want to light all the shit on fire. The tone is remarkable and the work that went into it is probably even more remarkable. Maybe I'm an old guy that came in a little late to the computer age but jesus christ, stop showing off!!! I feel like enough of a douchebag about myself and my demo recordings without hearing amazing stuff like this. I'm in awe. Thanks man!

After listening to your clips I'm sitting here looking at my couple guitars, 3 amps, a nice Boogie cab, an SM57 and an i5 and I honestly just want to light all the shit on fire. The tone is remarkable and the work that went into it is probably even more remarkable. Maybe I'm an old guy that came in a little late to the computer age but jesus christ, stop showing off!!! I feel like enough of a douchebag about myself and my demo recordings without hearing amazing stuff like this. I'm in awe. Thanks man!

Ohno youre bumping this old crap :(, im a bit embarrassed of it now. :lol:
I recently got rid of revalver and bought a 5150.
Im sure you can dail in a nice tone!

This is like the digital equivalent of trying to figure out the secret VH signal chain for 'that tone' of old.
Even after Ed revealed how he got it.. it was still a rather daunting nightmare for most guys out there, did spin off alot of great tones in the process of itself though.