My best RevalverIII tone so far...

Gubb, what did you use on shietty preview on the handfulofnothing myspace? Great guitarsound. I dont know what you're doing but all your shit seems to sound mighty fine

Man, all I can say is "FUCKIN' A!!" This has to be the best virtual guitar metal tone I've ever heard in a mix! Excellent! Peavey should license whatever tweaks you made to that 6505 module!

Hey GubbKuk, only today i got the chance to mess around with your files and i have a question...
What´s up with Curve EQ ...3 of them?!?
what´s up with the first one before revalver and the two next? Is it the files of VH100R pack?
which ones did u use?

Cheers :)

Hey GubbKuk, only today i got the chance to mess around with your files and i have a question...
What´s up with Curve EQ ...3 of them?!?
what´s up with the first one before revalver and the two next? Is it the files of VH100R pack?
which ones did u use?

Cheers :)

Im a match freak :oops:
Yeah exacly, its Krank rev A2
Cheers!

cool but we have no idea what you are doing in c1, c4, tss, curve eq, and req

OK so here comes the settings guys!

You have to either buy or dowload 30-day demo of a great plugin to do guitarchains in called ConsoleVST http://console.jp/en/
Its a bitch to install but rtfm :lol:

You´ll need these plugins:
  • Waves X-Hum
  • Waves X-noise
  • Reagate (free here)
  • Waves C1
  • Waves Req
  • Waves C4
  • BTE TSS (free here)
  • Revalver mkIII (Of Course)
  • Voxengo CurveEQ
  • Voxengo Boogex

Preset:
Link (wait and then press click the download link at the bottom)
Mirror
I´ve also included a DI track and what the DI-track should sound like after :kickass:

Now what you need to do is place Revalver inbetween the C4 and CurveEQ and connect from the C4 output -> Revalver input.. and Revalver output -> CurveEQ
Like on this pic: http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z193/fittjoystick/chaingb.jpg
And then (inside revalver) create a 6505 and load the module preset
Load the EnglV30 (The one with more presence) into boogex

Its hard to give you this in a easy way but hopefully this will work for you guys!
Tell me if you want it different, whatever you wish :)
Cheers! :kickass:

PS.
Change the X-hum to 60hz if you live in a country that has that electric utility (I.E USA)

Feel free to ask if theres anything

so i assume one of the files in the .rar attachment was a consolevst preset, AND consolevst presets ALSO carry the individual plugins presets? wow thats pretty cool. i did not install consolevst because i figured i could do my chain manually in sonar.

the 6505 preset in revalver sounds AWFUL by itself, even knowing that its supposed to sound bad in the raw form. but i'll get consoleVST and assume it will load all the waves presets and the 3 curve eqs and whatnot. very interesting.

i need to find a way to monitor my tracking because i dont think my 2.4ghz dualcore can handle 15 plugins per guitar track, on the fly. :erk:

oh and i dont think i said it already and its nothing everyone doesnt already know, but the tracks in the first post sound AMAZING. thanks for posting your settings gubbkuk. if i could achieve the same tone i'd be floored. but i think your mixing has a lot to do with it as well.

where do i get the sneap samples from that you used? do you use drummagog (sp?) to route the snare/kick/toms to andy's samples?

i need to find a way to monitor my tracking because i dont think my 2.4ghz dualcore can handle 15 plugins per guitar track, on the fly. :erk:

Either do I, I use a simple chain as monitoring and just record DI´s, then I export them

where do i get the sneap samples from that you used? do you use drummagog (sp?) to route the snare/kick/toms to andy's samples?

Read the drum sample´s meta http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/311618-drum-samples-meta.html

I think I´ll do a simplier version (So you dont need console and such) and share to you guys

Ok I made a simplier version
No need of Console, and removed many plugins

You need:
  • Reagate (free here)
  • Waves Req
  • BTE TSS (free here)
  • Revalver mkIII
  • Voxengo CurveEQ
  • Voxengo Boogex

There are instructions in the .zip

LINK!

:kickass::kickass::kickass:

awesome!

but i assume that our tone wont be as "refined" if we skimp and use the simple version as opposed to the original version of your plugin chain, right? thats ok because no ones tone needs to be exactly like other people's.

hey. im looking at it now and dont know how to see your settings in curveeq and TSS. i dont have cubase to import the xml file into, which i guess that loads up the settings inside the plugins for you. could you post the drive/tone/output settings of TSS and the parameters of curveeq?

awesome!

but i assume that our tone wont be as "refined" if we skimp and use the simple version as opposed to the original version of your plugin chain, right? thats ok because no ones tone needs to be exactly like other people's.
Its sounds pretty close, maybe a bit more boomy (just put an C4 a'la sneap after everything)

OK!
For you that doesnt have cubase or have trouble; I have uploaded a .zip with presets of each plugin (the simplier version two post ^)

Link!

Now is it impossible to not get it to work :kickass: