My Christmas present to all of you...

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
This year, my Christmas present to my chums here at MD is advice, and that advice is this:

If you're in the mood for music by a band which you may not have heard before, then go and buy "Drama" by Yes. It's not as proggy as most of their stuff, and is therefore their best album (yes, even better than "The Yes Album" and "Fragile", two of the best albums EVER). And it doesn't have Jon Anderson, so the vocals aren't too bad (it's the bloke from the Buggles on vox). And it has great songs like Machine Messiah. I've had it for many years and have just revisited it for the first time in a while. And it STILL rules.

Yeah, so get it. Or don't. But it's not boring prog like the rest of their albums (well, apart from the aforementioned "The Yes Album" and "Fragile", and "Close to the Edge" I guess, and that one with "Owner of a Lonely Heart" on it and "Big Generator" which has the excellent "Love Will Find a Way").

Whatever.

Of all the albums I thought you would recommend, I have to admit that came out of left field.