My dog died.

Thanatopsis123 said:
I realized not long ago that I've never seen one of my pets die (well other than some lizards). I had a hamster once and my dad forgot to feed it while I was away so it was dead and gone by the time I was back. I've had two cats. One my dad tied to his motorcycle and we think some coyotes ate it. The other we simply had to leave in the house we were moving out of because it hated people (we found it abandoned and it never liked anybody) and hid in the basement ceiling where we couldn't get to it. My dad took my first dog out into the desert and shot it. The next we gave away before a move. The third had cancer and I wasn't there when the vet put it down.

Haha at first I thought this was a joke post because it all sounded too cruel, but maybe not :erk:

Doom said:
Haha at first I thought this was a joke post because it all sounded too cruel, but maybe not :erk:

Okay, I guess I fail to see the cruelty you and Superia do. Yeah, my father was a forgetful, stupid asshole but cruel? Not really. It's not like he was riding that motorcycle with the cat still tied to it. He did shoot our rottweiler without consulting any of us but it was growing increasingly violent (and no, we did nothing to cause that) around his two small children. That cat we had to leave behind we really couldn't get to and were on a deadline (he was in the military and we had to get going). And despite these incidents, he hardly had anything to do with any of our animals. The rest of the family loved and cared for these pets incredibly.

circus_brimstone said:
brimstone vs. Dark One

box.gif

LOL - Jason vs. Jason :devil: :devil: :heh: :Smokedev:

Sorry to hear that. Death sucks.

I remember having to put my baby kitten down, she was only 4-5 months old... she got into some anti-freeze... that was one of theworst things to have to watch. It all happened within a few hours and when the doctor told me exactly what all was happening to its body, I lost it.....

Fucking people that leave out pans of anti-freeze to kill animals should be forced to drink that shit themselves.

thats fucked up papa smurf, i hate people in general who hurt animals. Some fucks in sydney recently got caught on camera beating the shit out of a kitten and running over it on bikes at a train station then they threw it on the tracks, lucky a cop came and rescued it. I hope they get raped with huge fucking knives in prison.

Thanks again guys. This place has tons of amazing people. I'm sorry to hear of everyone else's losses as well.

I mentioned this to MFJ on AIM tonight, but I'm up late and will repeat myself, yay!:

When I try to think of buddha nature, Zen-mind and Lovingkindness my mind always turns to dogs (mine in particular, as it's the one I knew best). They're entire life is governed completely by pure feelings, feelings that arn't marred by what we think of as 'thoughts', just pure feeling...they don't think 'OH MAN! I love this guy!' they just have the...'I love this guy'-feeling or the 'WOW I love when my tummy is rubbed'-feeling. They don't spend time trying to explain all these feelings in a language, or in a way that fits with this or that. They just feel, fully, all the time. It's amazing when you think about it.

Also, they are a perfect illustration of loving kindness. 100% love for all things with no thought of ego or pride. Lovingkindness has been critiqued by many, often with the simple illustration of 'How can you possibly love somone like Hitler?' and the simplest answer is 'You don't have to like somone in order to love them.' No matter how much an evil person beats a dog, or forces them to fight, or does any number of other evil things, the dog is always trying to show love.

Of course these are generlizations, but they are just used to illustrate a point.

Dogs are an infinite sorce of karma for the world that I for one appreciate. I know somwhere, soon, a baby will be born with the cappacity for infinite love because of the compassion of my late K9 best friend. While an infant with no pride or ego, this will show, and I can only hope that through development of a mature concious, it will be retained.
Everything effects everything.

Buddha Nature, Dog Nature, what's the difference...

Pardon typos, I'm on a bad computer that doesn't process text very fast (ie: I type a paragraph and then watch it form on screen a few letters a second, heh)

/mumbling

Claws of Perdition said:
thats fucked up papa smurf, i hate people in general who hurt animals. Some fucks in sydney recently got caught on camera beating the shit out of a kitten and running over it on bikes at a train station then they threw it on the tracks, lucky a cop came and rescued it. I hope they get raped with huge fucking knives in prison.

That was Feb 2005. I remember the story because I felt ill when I saw it on the news. "Recently" doesn't really cut it though :loco:

Papa Josh said:
Fucking people that leave out pans of anti-freeze to kill animals should be forced to drink that shit themselves.

Jeez, I've never even heard of people doing that. I do, however, remember a story a while ago and I think it was from somewhere near my town of an animal shelter that was trying to save a little money by drowning animals it had to put down instead of buying the stuff to put them down painlessly. :mad:

Erik said:
yeah, guy was banned and his posts deleted it seems

not a great idea to gay up a thread about a dog dying the same day the owner of the forum had to put his dog to sleep as well (see: http://ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250387)

rip derons dog as well
i think that is the fuckin definition of SNAP

that's really sad tully, what a fuckin downer...my doggie died of cancer this past february but i wasn't there to see it...wasn't so sudden though. shitty man, i know it's like losing a member of your family :cry: