My Kitty Died. :(

ScientistOfDarkness

a prophet in cosmology
Feb 7, 2003
Mercer Island, WA
My poor ol' Clancy died this afternoon. She'd been slowing down quite a bit over the past couple of weeks. She stopped eating last week and would only lick at her food and drink water. I spent the night at my parents last night, and this morning she couldn't even move her head. My dad called me at work a few hours later and I decided to go home to be with her. I laid next to her in bed for about an hour while she kept twitching and gasping for breath. I finally picked her up and held her til I felt her heart stop beating. I had my baby since I was 7, and had 16 great years with a great kitty. I wrapped her up in one of my baby blankets and we buried her in the backyard. If any of you have pets, go give them a great big hug and kiss right now.

RIP Clancy 1990-2007

f_TheFuzzbi_2436m_f32811ab.jpg

f_meowi_2436m_1e413fc2.jpg

f_P2110083i_2436m_aad9e8af.jpg

f_P1100024i_2436m_1f965991.jpg

f_IMG0350i_2436m_2fbd5179.jpg

Damn, I'm sorry :(

Losing pets is terrible, but it appears Clancy had a long, fruitful awesome life and a good mom :)

RIP Clancy!

Unless someone had a pet they were close to, nobody understands how sad it is to lose a pet.
All my friends thought I was nuts when I had my bunny buried at a pet cemetery.

That sucks. I've lost 2 kitties in the last couple years and it can be just as painful as losing a human. It sounds shitty and I feel like a terrible person because of it, but I miss my cat Clyde more than I miss any of my grandparents.

My poor ol' Clancy died this afternoon. She'd been slowing down quite a bit over the past couple of weeks. She stopped eating last week and would only lick at her food and drink water. I spent the night at my parents last night, and this morning she couldn't even move her head. My dad called me at work a few hours later and I decided to go home to be with her. I laid next to her in bed for about an hour while she kept twitching and gasping for breath. I finally picked her up and held her til I felt her heart stop beating. I had my baby since I was 7, and had 16 great years with a great kitty. I wrapped her up in one of my baby blankets and we buried her in the backyard. If any of you have pets, go give them a great big hug and kiss right now.

RIP Clancy 1990-2007

I'm so sorry to hear that. I lost a my kitty Mina last January and it was so very hard. I definately understand what you're going through. I'll give my Louie a great big hug when I get home.

Here's one for you too hun! :::HUGS:::

That sucks. I've lost 2 kitties in the last couple years and it can be just as painful as losing a human. It sounds shitty and I feel like a terrible person because of it, but I miss my cat Clyde more than I miss any of my grandparents.
Many people get their pets when the animal is a baby. They watch it grow up. They take care of it. Many spend a lot of time with it. Just because it is not human, it doesn't mean it is really less significant for its owner.

Thanks :). I knew I could count on you guys, there are so many animal lovers around here. I just came back from my parent's house, I went to get Clancy's food bowl and some pictures. I've had to do some hard stuff in my life, but this was the most heartbreaking thing I've ever experienced. I just held her and held her, even after I knew she was gone. Letting go is the hardest thing. I went to the pet store today and they had a kitty for adoption that looked just like Clancy, only about a million times her size. Made me sad. But, I have Ramses and Blitz and Fergus to be my buddies. Thankfully they're all babies and this kind of experience is far far far into the future.

Thanks again everyone.