My exciting week

ç

it's made up

If only you knew.

I will now explain my history with relation to this particular friend.

I suffered a head injury on 21/02/01 and got discharged from hospital on the 11/10/01. In early 2002 I started going to a group called "Headway" which is a social group for people who have had head injuries. This group was good for me and got me out and mixing with people in an environment my parents felt happy with.

However, I had a fascination with danger which included exploring derelict buildings, street drinking, railway track hikes e.t.c. The group of people who would do those things near to where I lived were a group who would bully me and take advantage of me by having me buy them things.

During the month of april 2002, I first met this guy who wanted to go off from the headway club and go drinking, he talked another member into it but because I had no money I wasn't welcome. I thought this guy was cool in the way he acted and saw this as a wasted opportunity. He didn't come very often because he had been banned but luckily for me he came again in may 2002 and this time I had money and bought him beer and we went to a local church and drank it. He became absolutely inebriated and I took him back to my house where my parents gave him a lift home. After that event I didn't see him again but I was eager to find him because I thought he was exactly the kind of person who would do all the things I found fun.

So during the summer of 2002 - after remembering the name of the road my parents took him to I managed to find him. At the time he was having people round at his flat to smoke cannabis and drink beer but anyone who came round had to bring something. I was eager to join this group and bought beer in large quantities. Because this guy knew that i'd buy things he was kean to spend time with me. At first we used to sit on his local park drinking beer and we would go back to his flat in order to drink the remainder. We then associated with groups on his estate but he was bullied and laughed at and I didn't particularly feel comfortable and felt much like a spare part, so I introduced him to a few of my friends/crews. We had fun with one of my friends, going on mad outdoor drinking sessions where we were chased by a gang of youths out of a park who were threowing bricks at us and we got beaten up outside of a pub after one of us stood up to some hard men (i'm fairly sure I posted these incidents at the time). This guy was turning into a real drunk, all he thought/talked about was beer. His behaviour was rather outrageous which put whoever he was with in a particularly vulnerable position.

Although drinking sessions involving others were somewhat of a rarity and usually it would just be me and him, with me buyinfg him the beer. I have recently seen sense and realise that buying him this amount of beer could be having a detrimental effect on his health and have tried to limit the amount I buy him despite the fact that I find some of his behaviours particularly entertaining. He had recently developed somewhat of an "alcoholics limp" which is why he was walking so slowly that evening.