GREATEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE (SYMPHONY X CONTENT)

The Emptier

t3h b3aSt0rZ
Oct 28, 2006
Columbus, OH/Bay Area, CA
www.facebook.com
IMG00213.jpg

feel free to SUCK MAH BALLZ. '

so symphony x is my favorite band. and it started at 9 (on thurs) and i got there at fuckin 4. i was eating at this mexican place right next door to the venue and i could see the buses and shit hoping to see any members. i saw michael come out. and i was like shit!!!! i ran out, and i was like "michael! you got a sec?" and i asked him about his old esp mIIs, apprently he got them in japan. then we talked about his caparison. then we moved onto engl. he uses the fireball and the powerball live now. he said fuck the vetta :rollin
he was so easy to talk to. greatest moment of my life haha. he said he had to call his family so i went to go wait out in front by the doors.

so i wait for a million hours and talk to some peeps, then my friends nicky (guy) and natalie(girl) came. and we went in. i was first in, got an odyssey shirt and got right in front in the left where i knew michael would be.

into eternity was awesome. epica was lame.

so symphony x came on...

set list:

set the world on fire
domination
serpents kiss
masquerade
paradis lost
looking glass
inferno
smoke and mirrors
IT SAID SEA OF LIES BUT THEY FUCKING SKIPPED IT
Revation/divine wings of tragedy (only like 3 minutes of DWOT :( )

the "encore" (which was on the set list)

eve of seduction
of sins and shadows

fucking amazing playing. i got tons of vids of him doing all the solos. i fucking scored one of his picks and the set list. there were these three girls that went up and were like all humpin on russell and they were really annoying they were up there so long. i looked to michael and i shrugged and said "what the fuck?" and he stopped playing and started laughing and he was like "yeah what the fuck is he doing?". there was a lot of interaction between him and i (sounds gay but...)

afterwards i waited and i met the bassist, mike lepond. he was really tight and he was telling me about how he played with ross the boss from manowar, who was one of his idols. he signed my odyssey cd book thing. then michael came out again, i was honestly the only one actually TALKING to him. i asked him about his pedalboard, which i thought was custom but it turns out its a TC G-system. which was fuckin awesome. but its so expensive :rollin he said he liked the g-major but he wanted that in pedal form so he got the g-system. i told him how much i learned from his the guitar chapter and he said he wants to do another instructional vid. he said he was getting cold and he signed my odyssey thing and that was that :)

best night of my life.

:lol: They are all awesome dudes, Allen, Lepond and Romeo are EPICLY nice guys, they really do fucking rock. And yeah I'd say the Sym X show I saw on the 11th was one of the most epic shows I have ever seen (more than the last two times I saw them over the summer as well). They're all really nice and shy guys. I don't think talking to Romeo about his guitar shit was a cool unless you genuinely wanted to know and didn't care about what he thought of you, I mean like if you wanted him to just go into 'Talking with a fan' mode. I always try to make a unique connection with the band people I talk to, make them open up like they would to a friend instead of feel like they're stuck talking with a fan, normally they stick around longer and chill if you do that... then again it's kind of hard when they're stuck up like Into Eternity (eventhough they rock too). I scored 2 Romeo picks and the only setlist too (I held up a sign that said SETLIST PLEASE LEPOND) and he was nice enough to hook me up. But yeah, just reading this thread got me excited, can't wait to see them again at the end of June!!!

P.S. Romeo is a fucking alcoholic but it's awesome.

:lol: They are all awesome dudes, Allen, Lepond and Romeo are EPICLY nice guys, they really do fucking rock. And yeah I'd say the Sym X show I saw on the 11th was one of the most epic shows I have ever seen (more than the last two times I saw them over the summer as well). They're all really nice and shy guys. I don't think talking to Romeo about his guitar shit was a cool unless you genuinely wanted to know and didn't care about what he thought of you, I mean like if you wanted him to just go into 'Talking with a fan' mode. I always try to make a unique connection with the band people I talk to, make them open up like they would to a friend instead of feel like they're stuck talking with a fan, normally they stick around longer and chill if you do that... then again it's kind of hard when they're stuck up like Into Eternity (eventhough they rock too). I scored 2 Romeo picks and the only setlist too (I held up a sign that said SETLIST PLEASE LEPOND) and he was nice enough to hook me up. But yeah, just reading this thread got me excited, can't wait to see them again at the end of June!!!

:mad:

/fangirl.

i didnt know he was an alcoholic.. he smokes to...and hes like 40 :lol

the into eternity singer kept going back stage and i saw him taking shots of whiskey :lol::headbang: the guitars, no the bald dude. messed up a couple times. so did romeo but it was just on rhythm shit and afterwards he said it doesnt matter sometimes and to just have fun

Good for you man! Congratulations. I just had my greatest gig a week ago:lol:...but i won't get into that.

EDIT: How come i see your fucking Hatebreeder shirt EVERYWHERE? :lol:

Just got back from the show right now. SOOOO FUCKING EPIC!! talked to russ for a while about what he is going to do on 420 tomorrow haha and all the normal shit you talk about in a conversation. Didn't even really talk about the band haha. but yes they are the greatest live band EVER bar none.

Aye I had the same setlist in London. Was immense, when they went into TTLG I splooged all over the fucking place.

Here be the video I got (as usual, mods feel free to delete it if it infringes any rules)

[ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1309955776479101154&hl=en[/ame]

I like to do that with absinth/whiskey, but after last gig I won't do it ever again, :lol: We had got a new singer and he spent so much time interacting with the crowd that by the middle of the show I was so drunk that I played the rest of the solos of the night without looking at the fretboard because I couldn't distinguish frets over 12th, :lol::lol::lol: I'll see if I can find any pic from that gig, :lol:

FOUND!!! Although dunno where the fuck the whiskey is there, :lol: :

Salonfrikirs002recortadaresaltes.jpg

You always have you hair all over the place, post a picture of your face!