My first program.

RETIREDTrapped

New Metal Member
Sep 12, 2001
...I'm working on a cool idea, a "Musician's MP3 player", with a slowdown feature and frequency cutting tools...

I've got the actual mp3 player (the code is fairly laughable, but it works great... so why make it look pretty?) already coded and running (If i can work out a way to get it from my computer to this computer, i'll upload it for you's to have a look at).

"Why?" I hear you say? "Why do all this!?"

Why?

Because it's cool :D

Plus i hate winamp. Winamp sold out to commercializm (joking...). So i'm making my own, nothing flash, just something that can play mp3's using minimun memory (At the moment it uses less than winamp to play in the background, but as i add the cooler features, that's sure to change)... I want one program that can rip mp3's to wave and back, so i'm trying to make it.

All the extra stuff is a long way down the track, but the player itself is barebones.

The question is, what stuff would you want on something like this? Is there anything else you wish winamp had? (Be reasonable, no floating ducks or dancing chicks... although dancing chicks would be cool :err: ).

-Kegan

Hey, Kegan,
good to c u r doing something productive...

Hmmm... How about skins?
Skin generator etc...

Or rather: how about not chicks dancing, but a "Trapped: in a skin" theme. This will actually be you presented in hologram while playing guitar and at the same time:
-You will do the belly dance
-You will nag about you getting bald at such a young age
-You will post at the forum
-You will be programming.

All this through timeshared multitasking procedures with a frame rate at 120fps even if my vga is a cirrus logic /9987pco
and of course with no additional equipment needed.

Huh? :err: :guh: LOL

Nah, i'm not going to add anything like skins, anything like that is fairly useless, and takes up memory etc.

And god dammit, login whoever you are :D

Kegan, great idea! See if you can do the slow down with minimum pitch change or warping. Laso, maybe it can block shitty music from being played: Opeth-accepted, Sum 41-rejected :):)

ha ha, actually, i can probably do that... ha ha... Only let it play nevermore, death, opeth and testament :lol:

Yeah, there's already a program hanging around that does the slow down thing with minimum pitch damage (I'm working on the solo to 42147 :headbang: It's freakin' hard, even slow :eek: ), i think it's called "The Great Slow Downer" or something like that... Alll i need is to get my hands on the source code, or hack it ( :heh: ), modify it, and then hey presto i've got my own code :D

and GOD i hate it when people don't log in :lol:

Maybe i can hack UM and make it impossible to post without logging in :D Or not... :err:

i only use mp3 players that have a way to change how the file name is displayed in the playlist based on ID3v2 tags ... give it that and I'd gladly use it.

:/

I just found a huge bug in it.

In my quest to make it use less memory, i somehow managed to keep it in memory after you close it :/

Must fix that pronto.

Plus, i've gotta work out how to make it a windows program, at the moment it's just a dos thing, type in your mp3 filename to play it etc.

I will. ;) He's fine, torturing me with gentle and soft music he calls metal. :s
and falls asleep while listening to My Dying Bride, and driving.... :D

Gentle and soft music? Metalized?
ohdear.gif

falling asleep while driving... not reccommended :D

no, to me it's soft, he has some CD "Furious Metal Anger", so yesterday I had my evening, kinda. Deicide, Obituary, Malevolent Creation, Immolation etc.
he loves what you love, I would say...
to me Savatage can't be metal, I don't hear it there, Elton John uses guitars as well sometimes... :s :D

Well first things first:
Keegan >>> :wave: I am happy to inform you that i don't have a job either and i am looking for one as well. Ah! And just to conform you a bit more, I am losing hair as well. LOL :(:(:(:(

Sleeping is one of my favorite parts in the My Dying Bride CDs... And when i listen to it in the sweet heat of the car, then it is even better... And wait till T. learns how to drive. I will be sleeping to MDB, she will be all :headbang: and who knows where we ll end up. LOL :loco: >T

As for the metal thing, well, years and wisdom has made me broaden my musical horizons. Now it is not only metal as it was in my early youth, long gone and lost :cry:. Now it is MTV all day long when T. is home, watching all those divine clips of Christina Aguilera and Shakira, of black ppl, of white ppl, of EMINEM :headbang: etc... Open up your eyes ppl. LOL

And what is called metal is not for me to define. I just perceive the things i listen to (most of them) as metal. And like all perceptions, mine is subjective as well (even though carved by wisdom of the ages). To je to. Phuuu... LOL

Regards,
Nikos...

and my taste/perception is subjective as well. that's why I'll urgently buy myself a walk/discman, as I see my taste here being mocked, seriously. :err:
I just don't like copies of "Love me tender, love me truuuue, aaaaall my dreams fulfill....." :err: I love the original Elvis Aaron.

Originally posted by Tee
and my taste/perception is subjective as well. that's why I'll urgently buy myself a walk/discman, as I see my taste here being mocked, seriously. :err:
I just don't like copies of "Love me tender, love me truuuue, aaaaall my dreams fulfill....." :err: I love the original Elvis Aaron.
Hmmm... Moze, but there is that option of mp3s as well. :)

Moram oprati salatu sad.

Bok i vidimo se kasnije. :)