My grind/death/crust/hardcore band (Real drums, 5150 etc)

Things are moving again!

We are currently recording a couple of more songs and will print some t-shirts and merch soon. Stay tuned for more info!

We are also really stoked about playing a lot this summer. If you know some place or venue that would like to have us let us know.

Meanwhile feel free to listen to our EP: http://godmothersverige.bandcamp.com/album/imitation-ep

Cheers /Michael

Hey man, those drums sound unreal and are the exact sound I'm trying to get in my mixes. Any info on how you processed the snare and OHs in particular?

Sick tunes too, I gave you a like.

Hey man, those drums sound unreal and are the exact sound I'm trying to get in my mixes. Any info on how you processed the snare and OHs in particular?

Sick tunes too, I gave you a like.

Thanks man! Glad you like it.

Cool that you like the drum sound (Since I´m also the drummer).
First of I´m really happy with my raw drum sound. Tama straclassic with new and nicely tuned evens EC2-heads. Snare is a Pearl brass snare with Evans G1 thats just sounds amazing.

Recording wise it´s a pretty sad sight. Just recorded it in our rehersal room with a digi 003 rack with some 57:ans and audix mics.

Mixing there is nothing really special. There are very little samples going on, 15% samples and 85% real drums on snare and kick. And the rest of the kit is all real. I used alot of parallell-compression and parallell transient designer on it. And also a real miss abuse of sound toys decapitator which I pretty much used on all the drum tracks and on the drum buss and on the master bus haha. Not so much EQ acually some mid/low-mid cuts as usual. But nothing out of the ordinary. The OH are cut at about 170 hz and some low-mid cuts. The only thing was I spent alot of time getting a great phase between the OH and snare when recording. As long as you do that the mixing is pretty easy :)

/Michael

Kämpfer;10662771 said:
Loved the raw, old school feel. Great mix too.

Sweet.

Thanks! I Tried to keep it pretty simple to contain just that raw old school feeling in the mix but still have it crushing some balls. Nice that you like it!

Cheers Michael!

So we just got our first headline tour in Centeral America! If you happen to live there come check us out in August!

1947761_257097967796123_5381776506701713336_n.jpg

We are also at the moment recording our debut album which is set to release later this year.

/Michael

killer song, i like the "raw" and "old school" production and feelings.
you remind me a lot of a band i recorded last year:

cheers man, keep in touch!

Last edited by a moderator:
killer song, i like the "raw" and "old school" production and feelings.
you remind me a lot of a band i recorded last year:

cheers man, keep in touch!

Thanks a lot! Happy to hear that.
That song sounds really nice! What band is is?

Cheers from Sweden!