My Half Assed Progpower report

well, wasn't there the DC Cooper story about the guy who robbed the bank and supposedly has been missing with a boat load of money??!?!? Wasn't that DC Cooper? Don't pick on me too much or my fragile self will cry :ill:

:tickled: :tickled: :tickled: yeah right!

kittybeast said:
well I didn't want to be rude and say his name... which I can't cuz I still don't know who he is :tickled: He said he's the lead singer for "Imajica"
and by the way...DC floored me with the acoustic set and I for sure knew who he was....though I did ask him his name because I assumed the band was named DC Cooper. hehehehhe

Is that the correct name of the band or do you mean Imagica! Because thats a killer band!! See here:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=100&f=257

I know "Imajica" is also the title of a book by Clive Barker. I could not find a band on google that was named after the book. Btw the drummer of Imagica is also called Henry and is a very cool dude!

this is him
meimajica.jpg

Wheezer said:
I robbed DC's set from over on the PP board:

Dream
The Angel Comes
Until The End
Easy Livin'
Freedom
Forgive Me
Within Yourself
3 Generations
Wait for Sleep
Solisbury Hill
DC's cover of "Easy Livin'" is the best I've ever heard :) I wish he did another solo record.

Fangface said:
DC's cover of "Easy Livin'" is the best I've ever heard :) I wish he did another solo record.

Have you heard "Silent Force" I picked it up at PPVI and listened to it (finally) more progressive metal than the DC stuff but good listen :headbang:

Wheezer said:
I robbed DC's set from over on the PP board:

Dream
The Angel Comes
Until The End
Easy Livin'
Freedom
Forgive Me
Within Yourself
3 Generations
Wait for Sleep
Solisbury Hill

:yell: :yell: :yell:

I'm gonna kill myself, mostly material from his solo album which kick serious ass, damn me! :erk:

Thanks for the info Wheez ;)

Hawk said:
Is that the correct name of the band or do you mean Imagica! Because thats a killer band!! See here:

I know "Imajica" is also the title of a book by Clive Barker. I could not find a band on google that was named after the book. Btw the drummer of Imagica is also called Henry and is a very cool dude!

That's the band allright (although it's "Imagika" :D ). The drummer played the set with DC Cooper. I've got "Devils on Both Sides" in MP3 and it hasn't done a whole lot for me yet. I'll give it a few more listens to see if it clicks.

That Clive Barker book is a good one although it's been several years since I read it. His books generally scare the hell out of me. :loco:

kittybeast said:
Have you heard "Silent Force" I picked it up at PPVI and listened to it (finally) more progressive metal than the DC stuff but good listen :headbang:
Yup Infatuator and Worlds Apart are pretty good. I saw them live twice as well and DC truly impressed me! Superb voice, as good if not better than on record.

kittybeast said:
well, wasn't there the DC Cooper story about the guy who robbed the bank and supposedly has been missing with a boat load of money??!?!? Wasn't that DC Cooper? Don't pick on me too much or my fragile self will cry :ill:

:tickled: :tickled: :tickled: yeah right!

That was DB Cooper. Niether is related to Alice. :D

Wyvern said:
:yell: :yell: :yell:

I'm gonna kill myself, mostly material from his solo album which kick serious ass, damn me! :erk:

Thanks for the info Wheez ;)

Youbetcha! Here's a little more incentive to attend PP VII. As far as I know he regularly attends the PPs. Another acoustic set at the pre-party may not be impossible. It could be the fact that Tore was there though.

Wheezer said:
That was DB Cooper. Niether is related to Alice. :D

Hahahaha! Too bad :tickled:

Hey KB don't feel bad... I am the same way, unless it's bands from the 80's or favorites like Symphorce... I would never know who is who just by looking at them :erk: Hahahahaha, remember the first time we met Steve from SP... we were like "yeah, I've been wanting to check you guys out for a while, since I've been hearing about your band for a long time" LOL

Pabla said:
I would never know who is who just by looking at them :erk: Hahahahaha, remember the first time we met Steve from SP... we were like "yeah, I've been wanting to check you guys out for a while, since I've been hearing about your band for a long time" LOL
Sounds like something cool to post on the SP forum :D

Fangface said:
Yup Infatuator and Worlds Apart are pretty good. I saw them live twice as well and DC truly impressed me! Superb voice, as good if not better than on record.

To me, DC, Circus Maximus singer and this girl Jen singing Queensryche on karoake had the best vocals of the whole show. I find DC a little boring on disc, but he was fantastic on his live acoustic set.

Bryant

Wow, that picture is fucking huge! Way cool to see you hanging with Mark though. I'm so jealous, as usual. Not only for your PP experience, but you got to go to Abdullah's restaurant too! He was always one of my fave wrestlers as a kid. Just gotta love a guy who sneaks steak forks and hacksaws into the ring and mauls his opponents with them!

I'm ashamed of you for ignoring Orphaned Land, though JD. Seventy lashes with a wet noodle for you!

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Wow, that picture is fucking huge! Way cool to see you hanging with Mark though. I'm so jealous, as usual. Not only for your PP experience, but you got to go to Abdullah's restaurant too! He was always one of my fave wrestlers as a kid. Just gotta love a guy who sneaks steak forks and hacksaws into the ring and mauls his opponents with them!

I'm ashamed of you for ignoring Orphaned Land, though JD. Seventy lashes with a wet noodle for you!

Dude! Abdullas was the Best!!! what a cool place Championship belts on the walls and TONS of pictures!!! .... if I made you jealous .... my work is done here :loco: hahahaha ... as for Orphaned Land ... well Hey I was Hanging out with Symphorce!!! one of my Favorite bands :headbang: so please dont be ashamed hehehe though from what I heard at the Pre-Party they were good and I gaurentee you would have enjoyed them hehehe ... but considering Progpower is so much more than a mere concert its actually ok if you missed all the bands because you will have a blast Hanging out with all the great ppl there and another great thing is the Vendors! Thousands apon Thousands of Metal cds!!! its like Heaven on Earth! I have found some great shit both years I have gone um so yeah ... what were we talkin about?:loco:

JonnyD said:
Dude! Abdullas was the Best!!! what a cool place Championship belts on the walls and TONS of pictures!!! .... if I made you jealous .... my work is done here :loco: hahahaha ... as for Orphaned Land ... well Hey I was Hanging out with Symphorce!!! one of my Favorite bands :headbang: so please dont be ashamed hehehe though from what I heard at the Pre-Party they were good and I gaurentee you would have enjoyed them hehehe ... but considering Progpower is so much more than a mere concert its actually ok if you missed all the bands because you will have a blast Hanging out with all the great ppl there and another great thing is the Vendors! Thousands apon Thousands of Metal cds!!! its like Heaven on Earth! I have found some great shit both years I have gone um so yeah ... what were we talkin about?:loco:
Yeah, I guess I can forgive ya for ignoring OL, but ONLY because you were hanging out with Symphorce. I'm sure with all those bands over so many days, it is impossible to see/hear every band on the ticket. PP sure sounds like an amazing time, hopefully I can make it someday (where a stop by Abdullah's is a MUST).

By the way, JD, I was looking closely at that picture and noticed someone standing fuzzily in the background. Is that a joint he's toking on? :D

NP: Iommi/Hughes - Dopamine

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Yeah, I guess I can forgive ya for ignoring OL, but ONLY because you were hanging out with Symphorce. I'm sure with all those bands over so many days, it is impossible to see/hear every band on the ticket. PP sure sounds like an amazing time, hopefully I can make it someday (where a stop by Abdullah's is a MUST).

By the way, JD, I was looking closely at that picture and noticed someone standing fuzzily in the background. Is that a joint he's toking on? :D

NP: Iommi/Hughes - Dopamine

PPUSA is the Best time!!! its better than any drug!!! :D you totally have to come down to it one of these years!!! UMOS will rule Progpower someday :loco: .... The guy in the Background is Dennis from Symphorce and it does look like hes toking a joint ... but hes not its just a ciggerette .... unless Kitty knows something I dont hahahaha

JonnyD said:
PPUSA is the Best time!!! its better than any drug!!! :D you totally have to come down to it one of these years!!! UMOS will rule Progpower someday :loco: .... The guy in the Background is Dennis from Symphorce and it does look like hes toking a joint ... but hes not its just a ciggerette .... unless Kitty knows something I dont hahahaha
If that guys isn't smoking a joint, you can tell by the look on his face that he WISHES he was smoking a joint! :D Too funny!

I hope to get to PPUSA, if all the planets could align. I had made a promise to Yossi of Orphaned Land that I'd come see him if they got the PP gig, and they did. Then I was thinking, how the hell am I going to afford spending four months on sabbatical and then fund a four-day trip to Atlanta for PP. Fortunately, (or unfortunately depending on which side of the fence you are standing) Yossi had to bow out of the show because his sister or some close relative was getting married. That left me off the hook for PP, but it sounds like I really missed a good time. If I could just get "discovered" and land on the best-seller list, I'd be there every year!

NP: Symphorce - Godspeed (in JD's honor)