My Israel

View on Haifa- a city in the North of Israel with a big harbour

The Baiha gardens in Haifa, the are so vast you cannot believe it. It runs all the way from the mountaintop down to the heart of the city. Baiha is a religion, which was founded 200 years ago. They are muslims, but they recognise the state of Israel and judaism.

View on Haifa from the 30th floor of the university building- the "fog"you see in the air comes from the very high humidity in this city.

One of the markets near the Church of he Holy Sepulchure in old Jerusalem

Israel007.JPG

Market in old Jerusalem near the Western wall ( wailing wall)
Israel015.JPG

Israel016.JPG

Israel017.JPG

Beautiful embroidery from Uzbekistan

Israel100.JPG

The city walls of old Jerusalem as seen from the mount of Olives

Israel087.JPG

Religious -orthodox- jews walking on the roofs of old Jerusalem.
I wondered why I did not see a lot of them walking in the streets and mazes that is old Jerusalem. Then I found that there were stairs leading to the roofs. When I got up I discovered that you could walk there, it's like a street above the street with lanterns, walkaways and benches...

Israel103a.JPG

Me sitting on a rooftop
Israel107a.JPG

again around one of the market places
Israel111.JPG

Israel112.JPG

pict2971.JPG

Taking the ramparts walk on the walls of old Jerusalem

pict2981.JPG

pict2948.JPG

Then suddenly I saw this guy sitting on a swing- apparently lost in his own thoughts and I could not help but take snapshot....

pict2990d.JPG

This is the way of transporting goods in the bazaar of olfd Jerusalem, the streets are narrow and made of stairs, so there is no other way to transport stuff than in little carts like these.

pict2953a.JPG

View on the dome of the rock, the mosk
pict2992.JPG

One of my most fave pics, taken just inside the bazaar
pict3014c.JPG

First view on old Jerusalem as you walk to the city
pict2945.JPG

You enter the old city through the Jaffa gate
pict3017b.JPG

The way to the Wailing Wall/ Western Wall
pict3009.JPG

People praying there
pict2997.JPG

And strange sight for us Europeans: soldiers praying there- guns and all....
pict2996.JPG

There's bibles and prayer books available at the site, in every language you can think of
pict2999.JPG

pict3002a.JPG

tremendous photos, Nathalie! no need to say you are a very talented photographer :)
you rule!
all the photos are magical, and yes, especially the one with the man on the swing... enchanting...

Thanx, I thought the same way you do.

me at a beer festival in Jerusalem ( hey, the beer is there only for the pic- I swear)

cheers.JPG

pict3032.JPG

Churches outside the old city

israel091.JPG

israel090.JPG

israel086.JPG

Religious people- think members of the coptic church- in Jerusalem city (new)
pict3029.JPG

The Ben Yehudda market in Jerusalem COOKIES!!!!
israel095.JPG

pict2943.JPG

Yossis retirement???
israel114.JPG

Thank you very much for the kind words. This is the country I have come to love and I want to share it with all of you... maybe you will go and visit it yourself one day.
You can always ask me to be your guide:D

To see the country in its entire, it is a trip through different landscapes- the variety is enormous, from the green mountains up north to the desert heat in Eilat. One of the first beautiful trips I had was the ride Eden and Einav gave me when we drove from Tel Aviv to Eilat. It was the first time in my life I saw the desert! The colours are beautiful, it is not at all as monotone as you would expect it to be.

Here are pics from the desert around the Dead Sea and Masada fortress, about 1,5 hr drive from Jerusalem.

Going to Masada was very special for me. As A kid I wanted to be an archeologist from the first day I learned to spell the word. I was always going through books about old places and knew that one day I would go there- the place drew me like a magnet. It has a very special place in the history of Israel and the jewish people.

View from Masada on the desert suroundings- you can see the Dead Sea
israel037.JPG

A model of Masada, the way it was in the times of King Herod
israel041.JPG

israel045.JPG

israel047.JPG

The Dead Sea, from this place you can see Jordan on the other side.
The white stuff on the rocks might look like snow, but it is salt sediment.
israel064.JPG

israel065.JPG

the mountains around the place, this looks like paradise don't you think?
israel053.JPG

Floating in the Dead Sea, very relaxing and weird. The water feels almost oily to the skin.
israel066.JPG

And then you have to rub yourself with the mud, when you take it off your skin feels like new!
israel068.JPG

You asked about Tel Aviv. Yes, it's true I spend most of my time there when I am in Israel, but the city in itself is not beautiful. The attraction it holds for me is the friends that I have who live there, the nightlife and the shopping.
But what I love most about Tel Aviv is old Jaffa- the city that was there before Tel Aviv was ever built. The pictures you can see in the Mabool booklet where taken here and also the Norra el norra clip was filmed here.
I spent many hours wandering the place with Kobi, he taught me to see the true magic that is around this place- telling me stories about it and getting lost inside the maze-like streets together...

View on old Jaffa from the beach ( around Tel Aviv promenade)
israel115.JPG

Inside old Jaffa
israel123a.JPG

israel122.JPG

israel126.JPG

With Avi (Folkore)
israel116a.JPG

israel119.JPG

Now this is modern day Tel Aviv. There is a promenade that stretches all the way from the big expensive hotels down to the walls of Old Jaffa
israel125.JPG

Tel Aviv beach
israel132.JPG

Finally, a view of Tel Aviv city and the market I visited with Guy ( from the band Distorted)
pict2912.JPG

pict2918.JPG

Around where Eden lives, a city outside Tel Aviv, almost attached to it
pict2795.JPG

Ani ohevet et Israel!!!

Thank you all; the guys from Orphaned Land foremost, for introducing me to their country and showing me around.Sharing thoughts, homes, families and friends, introducing me to the real Israel.
Without your music I would never have been there in the first place.

Thank you all the friends I have gotten to know in Israel: you know who you are. You have all have been warm and giving people, welcoming me into your homes and lives!

Be sure I will be back

Neshikot ve hibukim,
Nathalie

pict2882_filtered.JPG

I saw you pics and I dream on...
You are a great photographer! I am without words but also with a smile on my face because I have always desire going to Israel, and seeing your pictures was like a shock... a nice one... so thanks for sharing them... My eyes are shining...

I like a lot your picture on the rooftop... and also the ones that you took to Matti and Avi :devil:

I'm speechless Nathalie!!! ...I've seen for the first time in my life such beautiful and amazing pictures - thanks for that
50.gif

Keep photographing. I know - I told you that already but you're much more than "just" talented!!!

p.s. hope to see one day all this places by myself too...

Thank you my sweetheart,magnificent pics!!!
All memories r back alive and kicking
Can't wait to b back *sniff*...

Neshikot!!!