My last work officially up now!

::XeS::

Mar 30, 2005
Italy
www.myspace.com
2 days ago I finished a 2 songs promo for the italian band Murder Therapy.
They used to do technical death metal but now they switched their sound to something more experimental...and I like it very much.
Today they posted one of the 2 songs:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14753090/Murder Therapy - Resilience.mp3

I tried to do it more natural as possible, not 100% in grid and not edited in every point...you can hear some mistakes here and there but sincerely we don't care.

Update
Final version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1436721/Resilience_Masterized.mp3

This band is really, really damn cool. Absolutely love the raw vibe and aggression it's got going on. Snare is a bit heavy on the bottom-mic for me, but I love the toms and I love the spread of the entire kit. Very balanced and natural sounding, very real!

What'd you use on guitars for this? The cleanliness on the arpeggios is insane for how much grind the rest of the tone has!

Thank you very much guys...it's the first time I receive so many appreciations here. And it's the first time I'm really happy about how one of my mixes turned out.
We encountered some problems with drums because during the night the temperature went too much down and we were not able to get a decent kick sound anymore...Anyway I used one of my samples (for the snare too, blended with the original). Spot micing for the cymbals (1 oktava for crash, 1 oktava for china, 1 samson for HH and 1 samson for ride).
For the guitars I choose the Peavey XXX (crunch channel) with Marshall 1960a. We tried different combination like Brunetti head and Orange 2x12 or 6505+ and Orange...but the JSX gave us the best compromise. We used it for both distorted and clean sound.
For the rythms we used Les Paul 7 strings for one side and Jackson 6 strings for the other one, for the crunch a Telecaster 7 strings...and for the clean as well if I remember correctly.
Anyway cool and talented guys to work with

This sounds fantastic. Vibe, there's tons. The mix has a super solid low end, and the drums are really in your face without sounding like plastic garbage like I've heard one too many times. I think this is the vibe Mastodon was shooting for on their last full length, but you nailed it, and they missed by a few feet.

Great work. I wouldn't change a thing.

I think this is the vibe Mastodon was shooting for on their last full length, but you nailed it, and they missed by a few feet.

Huge -1 but that's purely down to opinion.

Amazing job dude. I'm actually quite enjoying those wide toms. Maybe bring them in a touch just to be safe... your call. I'm not getting caught up over the smaller things. It all works really well and it seems as though you've really applied your own ethic to the production which has given it a unique sound - kudos to you.

Awesome dude! Wouldn't change anything. Definitely has a Gojira vibe going on in parts. Keep on experimenting, this is going somewhere.