My late christmas gift to you guize: Full song ready to be mixed

All right I was working on it last night and now I updated the link. Here is my new try. I´ve tried to do all you told me was wrong to tweak it...thanks for it again.

The guitars sounded mono cause I routed them wrong to the group....oppps...:(

Ok just listening to it and please tell if is it correct.

(Same link)

http://www.box.com/s/c6806cd77d27a5a5325d

Oh god my english is so bad...sorry.:erk:

Cheers.

The guitars panning sounds fine now, but their weird sound is still there. They sound like a poweramp/fx loop out, with no (cab/mic) impulse after or something. Or a combination of overly smooth elements in the chain.

Snare sounds a bit annoying.

Well I am learning a lot practicing with this song. With your advices I becoming more precise on my tweaks and sorry If my insistence is annoying for you or somebody.

Will tweak those things.

There is my version. I use guitar rig 5 for guitars and bass, i add a track with a distorsion on the bass and cut low and high with a EQ, add compressor on each one. I add also mastering tools as EZmix2(metal) Izotope and D82. For the drum, i used the addictive drum metal kit. Please tell me what do you think.
The link (MP3 320kbps)

There is my version. I use guitar rig 5 for guitars and bass, i add a track with a distorsion on the bass and cut low and high with a EQ, add compressor on each one. I add also mastering tools as EZmix2(metal) Izotope and D82. For the drum, i used the addictive drum metal kit. Please tell me what do you think.
The link (MP3 320kbps)

Loving the bass sound, but the drums are mixed far too high - the kick is causing the guitars, bass and cymbals to duck. The snare is a bit too prominent, and could do with more "crack". Other than that, good job :)

Loving the bass sound, but the drums are mixed far too high - the kick is causing the guitars, bass and cymbals to duck. The snare is a bit too prominent, and could do with more "crack". Other than that, good job :)

First of all, thank for giving your opinion on my track. I don't really know how to mix a vst drum and mix it to sound more realistic (especially for cymbals).
Can you give me advice ?

i used to do that but i did not here.
But i don't know which EQ, compressor on each one and wich plugin to use =/

Compressor settings for things such as a kick drum depend entirely on the volume of the track and the sample, but for an example, I use a very fast and hard compressor setting on my kicks, to give them a bit of "snap" and to boost their presence in the mix. I also boost EQ at about 60hz, cut out the mids at about 800hz, and boost the high-end slightly to give the kick that characteristic metal "click".

Your choice of plugin also depends entirely on what software you're using, and whichever you feel most comfortable using :) I use a compressor that came with the Sony Vegas software. It might not be the best plugin in the world, but it's well laid out and simple to use.

Compressor settings for things such as a kick drum depend entirely on the volume of the track and the sample, but for an example, I use a very fast and hard compressor setting on my kicks, to give them a bit of "snap" and to boost their presence in the mix. I also boost EQ at about 60hz, cut out the mids at about 800hz, and boost the high-end slightly to give the kick that characteristic metal "click".

Your choice of plugin also depends entirely on what software you're using, and whichever you feel most comfortable using :) I use a compressor that came with the Sony Vegas software. It might not be the best plugin in the world, but it's well laid out and simple to use.

thanks for your advice =) i'm gonna try this next time i will mix drum

+1 on the kick thing

and the bass sounds very boomy

you need to work on the cohabitation between the kick and the bass

the mix is very messy in the lows/low-mids region, you need to clear things up at the source (choosing your drums samples and settings right) and with EQ

I made a go on this one, thanks Ola for sharing!

My test:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LR-YT31LIM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LR-YT31LIM[/ame]

So here is my version - reamped with the new Orange #4 "Jim Root" Terror Head and Cab.

I used a Musikding.de Screamer (808) in Front of the amp, to get the bass and lower midrange tight. Mic was a single SM 57 into FireFace 400, a little off-center.

Last edited by a moderator: