My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

IMG_7747.JPG

check me out i bought a fuckin cd

yes i did not already own "amok" although it's been on my buylist for literally over 20 years. just one of those things i never got round to.

anyway i found it for 3 bux in a thrift store the other day so now i own it.

I wonder what gems I could come across if I went to Amoeba music in this day and age. Probably could come up like a fuggin bandit.

Though not much into stepping up over a few crackheads to go take a gander.

Actual compact discs :D
Dornenreich - Freiheit (really liking the bonus cd on this one)
new Empryrium
Demilich - adversary of emptiness

Books:
Tyll - Daniel Kehlmann
Gardens of the Moon - Steve Erikson (now that i'm finished with the Black Company series, on to the next)
Vernon Subetx 2 - Virginie Despentes

Surprised this crap even enjoys the benefit of a translation

hahah -- I thought the first one was a great read (and so far so good with this one). She does pov characters really well, it's funny, and it clearly ridicules everyone. Some of her characters remind me of older metalheads I would encounter at nyc shows in the early aughts (long past their prime:erk: ). Seems like shes a bit of a 'character' [ would 'effant terrible' apply? ] within France, so I read it completely without any background on her. What was it about the book that you didn't like?!

What was it about the book that you didn't like?!

I don't even want to elaborate on all that I despise about that woman and her idiotic pdeudo irreverent mockery of society.

Admittedly my opinion is 100% informed by her character, but the style is also absolutely awful to these eyes (I imagine the translation "mends" this bias to an extent). I see her as the female counterpart of Maurice Dantec, whose Racines du mal I found fascinating back when I was a rebellious 15-year old, but got obnoxious and irrelevant to my "adult" worldview real quick

Last edited:
zRHRvCu.jpg

Went to the gym, kicked ass (or got my ass kicked), checked the mail, and my package from I, Voidhanger lay awaiting. Hails Esoctrilihum.

Reactions: einride