My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

https://i.imgur.com/obiN8on.jpg
obiN8on.jpg

I don't even know what gas costs these days. Work from home, no bands, and everything is closed. My "daily" driver gets a tank about once a month, the other two rides far less often.

Aberlour A'bunadh 60% cask strength
Maker's Mark cask strength ABV: TBD

$90 and $40 is pretty fuckin' fancy for this cheap bastard!

Oh and the beers are Deschutes The Abyss and Bottle Logic Mint Chocolate something. $25 for a single bottle of ale is fancy as fuck, I don't care who you are. I was feelin' shiny last night apparently.

Pretty nuts watching that unfold.

All my investments are fucking boring. Mutual funds, savings account, rental house (that I still haven't rented out). I should take a walk on the wild side for a change.

I hate gambling though. When I used to go to Vegas I'd blow $40 at the blackjack table, lose quickly, and say "to hell with this." Then I'd spend $300 at the bar.

Erik a.k.a. "Diamond Hands"
hold stonk stronk not selling til $69,420

I hate gambling though. When I used to go to Vegas I'd blow $40 at the blackjack table, lose quickly, and say "to hell wit, h this." Then I'd spend $300 at the bar.
i hate gambling too, i don't think i've ever gambled with money ever, as in proper gambling.

i have bought risky stocks before but very low investments. i usually only buy things that are pretty much idiot-proof even though technically the risk is high. for instance, i bought AMD when it was about an 8 dollar stock in 2017 or so, right before they released ryzen. to anyone who knew anything about computers it was entirely obvious that ryzen was going to be a big thing and that the stock was SUPER undervalued. the stock is at $85 or so as we speak so i could have made mondo bank but see here's the thing: to make mondo bank, you gotta have mondo bank to invest

this though:

1) i got into this early enough that it's pretty much a Sure Thing(tm) if i monitor the situation closely and get out in time*

2) stick it to the fucking man

* feel free to rub it in later when this statement blows up in my face. also: this is dependent on the powers that be letting the free market do its thing which is far from guaranteed at this point

Last edited:
Reactions: Krilons Resa
Me neither. A guy i work with buy and sells penny stocks. He makes a good couple hundred or thousand here and there.

i figure the risk is low if i start small. opened a robinhood account. :lol:

Reactions: Krilons Resa
2) stick it to the fucking man
I 100% support this aspect of Gamestonk and hope y'all make moon money.

Oh, looks like the retailers are storming into silver right now. Uh, I have a lot* of silver. Bought it years ago for cheap and it never goes anywhere. Maybe I'll get to play millionaire this week?

*about $1k investment

All my mainstream wallstreet sources are saying "oh silver won't skyrocket, it's not GameStop, things are different."

Well I know where this is going in today's Bizarro World. I should start shopping for my brand new Ferrari.

"Okay sir, what is your method of payment for this fine $220,000 automobile?"

"Well I have this 10 year old Mazda I'd like to trade in, and then probably later this week I'll have $ilver$tonk$ to fund the rest. Hopefully. I'll take the keys now plz."

Haha, that's how poor I am. I still think that brand new cars have actual keys.

i figure the risk is low if i start small. opened a robinhood account. :lol:

Screw Robinhood for interferring with the free market, restricting people from buying more than 1 GME share, outright disabling the possibility to purchase GME at times, etc. Nice timing for their upcoming IPO, what with people livid at their antics. Etoro also pulled some shady shit today, placing stop-losses that got triggered at ~240 on people's recently purchased GME shares (without notifying the shareholders of the stop-losses). I'm only four shares deep, but still ticks me off majorly.