My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreamlord said:
Excellent, so they arrived. Let me know your thoughts on Scald.
Scald kicks some tallywhacker. I'm not sure exactly who to compare them to, but I could see them on tour with Watchmaker and Goatsblood. I wonder why Willowtip didn't show more interest in them. Have they found a label yet?

I've never heard a band like them. THey are totally unique which may be their undoing and why they can't get signed. As far as I know, they haven't found a label.

SWANS - Children of God / World of Skin (signed to me by Michael Gira too)

Swans are the best thing to listen to in the morning. This album has a few more eclectic or laid back moments, but "Like a Drug" spaced me out a little. :erk: I like Swans. :)

Next you need to hunt down 'White Light from the Mouth of Infinity' . . . or possibly 'Soundtracks for the Blind', if you want to save some money.

You should also keep an eye out for his Angels of Light stuff. I only have 'How I loved You' right now.

Well, they would certainly give depth to an already strong roster. And they would fit as well with their disturbing avant grind. I hope code666 signs them.

Culture AK47 is in fact Niall, the Irish reviewer at THe Metal Observer.

eBay win: Onslaught 1983 demo tape, apparently this was before they became thrash and is more in a punk vein but some tracks later appeared on the "Power From Hell" album and it was only $4, and of course it's a highly kvlt item.

5e_1.JPG

Thrash!

Erik said:
JayKeeley, have you received your CD-R package yet?
Yes! Brilliant stuff, thank you. I haven't heard it all yet, but I thought Skepticism's demo was remarkably good quality, and Esoteric is great. I bought their other one from Dark Symphonies btw.

What do you think of the October Tide?

hi mates, yes I'm supporting Scald in their search for a fitting label as they are one of the most interesting and innovative band around. I would have been glad if Emi decided to sign them but code666 is quite busy nowadays and Scald have a great record yet ready, so no use in posticipating it. I hope labels will show soon real interest as they deserve it for sure.
thanx for supporting them!
Michele

JayKeeley said:
Yes! Brilliant stuff, thank you. I haven't heard it all yet, but I thought Skepticism's demo was remarkably good quality, and Esoteric is great. I bought their other one from Dark Symphonies btw.

What do you think of the October Tide?
Let's say I liked it enough to buy it for $50+..? How about you?

...and Skepticism's demo is recorded in a studio and on pro cassette so yes, it sounds very good. There's little difference in production between it and the first album.

Michele/Xyphias said:
hi mates, yes I'm supporting Scald in their search for a fitting label as they are one of the most interesting and innovative band around. I would have been glad if Emi decided to sign them but code666 is quite busy nowadays and Scald have a great record yet ready, so no use in posticipating it. I hope labels will show soon real interest as they deserve it for sure.
thanx for supporting them!
Michele
It's good that you are helping out Scald. If not for www.metalireland.com, I would never have found out about them. Headworm was the best album of 2003 in my opinion.

I really hope a label with good distribution signs them. I was talking to Pete Dempsey and he said that they are wanting to re-release all of the demos. I have all three, but having them readily available would be a plus.

Oh, and congrats on code666 signing Axis of Perdition. :)

Black Winter Day said:
about October Tide... I saw a cd of theirs in a store t'other day and just found out that they are composed of katatonia members playing their old-style doom. now i wish i had picked it up.
Yeah, they only go for about $100 on eBay. :erk:

Black Winter Day said:
about October Tide... I saw a cd of theirs in a store t'other day and just found out that they are composed of katatonia members playing their old-style doom. now i wish i had picked it up.
Blue or grey?

Status
Not open for further replies.