My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That movie kicks so much ass. I still haven't read the book yet, apparently it continues far beyond where the movie stops.

NAD said:
That movie kicks so much ass. I still haven't read the book yet, apparently it continues far beyond where the movie stops.
Where exactly do the movies stop then, because aren't there like 3 straight-to-video sequels?

Remember the theme song to Neverending Story by Limahl? They did a reunion thing on VH-1 the other day for Kajagoogoo. :tickled:

I'll have to ask me mum, she's the diehard who watched all three movies and is reading the books. :tickled:

I remember watching the second one not too long ago, but I don't remember dick about it so it's safe to assume I didn't like it.

Well, I wouldn't normally list a promo on this thread, but I just recieved The Great Deciever 'Terra Incognito'. It will probably be one of the best of 2004, so I thought I'd mention it. Dreamlord, it looks like the US release date is May 11, but it looks to be available in Europe as we speak. Maybe some of you already have it? I'm a little slow sometimes.

npearce said:
Well, I wouldn't normally list a promo on this thread, but I just recieved The Great Deciever 'Terra Incognito'. It will probably be one of the best of 2004, so I thought I'd mention it. Dreamlord, it looks like the US release date is May 11, but it looks to be available in Europe as we speak. Maybe some of you already have it? I'm a little slow sometimes.
Yeah, it was me that started the Tomas Lindberg thread about this album. I have to say, I really like it 'musically' but I just can't get over how pointless the vocals are. They just do nothing other than annoy me - really, how is that not just someone screaming into a microphone at the top of their lungs? I guess why I started the thread was because it was even more disappointing that it was Lindberg on vox....

JayKeeley said:
really, how is that not just someone screaming into a microphone at the top of their lungs?
You've just described hardcore vocals for the most part. The Great Deceiver is a hardcore band. Why are you surprised?

Dreamlord said:
You've just described hardcore vocals for the most part. The Great Deceiver is a hardcore band. Why are you surprised?
I guess because I like heavy metal, and I don't get why I'm receiving hardcore promos from labels such as Peaceville.

Because this particular hardcore band has Tomas Lindberg (ex-At the Gates OMGs) and Kristian Wahlin in it.

A lot of metal labels sign hardcore acts these days, anyway. t's nothing new. Look at Relapse and Century Media, two of the biggest metal labels out there.

If you don't want the hardcore promos, send 'em my way. :)

If more hardcore vocalists sounded like Steve Austin I'd probably like them more. Even the guy from Burnt By the Sun, while he has a cool voice, can get tedious quickly.

To me, I much prefer a hardcore vocalist than any whiney clean vocalist or power metal vocalist. That's too much cheese for me. But I do agree, some hardcore vocalists can grate on the nerves, but really, this holds true with any genre.

I still can't appreciate Helheim's banshee vocals.

I've just declared that the new The Great Deciever is easily one of the best of 2004, and I seriously doubt that will change for the rest of the year. The more I listen to it, and the louder I listen to it, the better it gets. Dreamlord, you will be loving this one.

Just recieved:

Bill Frisell - Is that You?
Bill Frisell - Before We Were Born
Bill Frisell - Good Dog, Happy Man

Dreamlord - you should have a new found interest in Burzum now. I can't imagine anyone liking Drudkh and not seeing the utter brilliance of something like Hvis Lyset Tar Oss.

Status
Not open for further replies.