My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, but then again, you haven't really LISTENED to Burzum, now have you... Drudkh is extremely similar to "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss" (not so much earlier or later works) except less malevolent and certainly several levels lower in quality.

if by "listening" you mean played the CDs (Burzum/Aske; Det Som; Hyis..) quite a few times while reading the lyrics, or playing video games, or reading, then yes

If by "listening" you mean listened to the CDs on headphones while walking in the northernwindysnowyforests (of Houston), then no

Erik said:
OK, but then again, you haven't really LISTENED to Burzum, now have you... Drudkh is extremely similar to "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss" (not so much earlier or later works) except less malevolent and certainly several levels lower in quality.
...with better vocals. Remember, I never had a problem with Burzum's music. Hell, I even somewhat enjoyed him "casio" pieces on Det Som...

It's his vocals I couldn't stand. They sounded like a constipated, strangled bear or something, and they were always to high in the mix.

Dreamlord said:
if by "listening" you mean played the CDs (Burzum/Aske; Det Som; Hyis..) quite a few times while reading the lyrics, or playing video games, or reading, then yes

If by "listening" you mean listened to the CDs on headphones while walking in the northernwindysnowyforests (of Houston), then no
I mean "listening" enough to hear the obvious influence on things like Drudkh.

Dreamlord said:
Drudkh sounds nothing like Burzum to me. Drudkh sounds more similar to early Ulver.
To be honest, I only have Forgotten Legends so I don't know how different their follow up was. I'm not sure what "early Ulver" means though - are you saying Autumn Aurora sounds like Bergtatt, or Kveldssanger, or Madrigal?

Erik said:
I mean "listening" enough to hear the obvious influence on things like Drudkh.
Oh yes. I especially got a Burzum vibe on the last track of Autumn Aurora. But like I said, I never had a problem with Burzum's music (although it does get very repetitious), just Varg's vocals, which Drudkh sounds nothing like. And if they do, Drudkh's vocals are much lower in the mix where it's not bothersome.

I still can't fully appreciated In the Woods' "A Return to the Isle of Men" because of those Burzum-esque vocals.

JayKeeley said:
To be honest, I only have Forgotten Legends so I don't know how different their follow up was. I'm not sure what "early Ulver" means though - are you saying Autumn Aurora sounds like Bergtatt, or Kveldssanger, or Madrigal?
Autumn Aurora reminded me of Bergtatt. Very naturistic black metal.

Dreamlord said:
Oh yes. I especially got a Burzum vibe on the last track of Autumn Aurora. But like I said, I never had a problem with Burzum's music (although it does get very repetitious), just Varg's vocals, which Drudkh sounds nothing like. And if they do, Drudkh's vocals are much lower in the mix where it's not bothersome.

I still can't fully appreciated In the Woods' "A Return to the Isle of Men" because of those Burzum-esque vocals.
OK, that's fine, and once again I urge you to try Burzum's last metal album "Filosofem": his second best work IMO, and it does NOT have the Burzum trademark vocals.

Anyway, I do not hear Ulver at all in Drudkh. I hear Burzum, Hate Forest, maybe Graveland, with a more naturalistic twist to it... Jay, AA is similar to FL but a bit more varied perhaps. There are some guitar leads and stuff here and there, etc.

Viktor Krauss - Far from Enough

Plus, more and more and more promos. I'm swimming in them. I don't have anybody to distribute them to like JayKeeley. I actually got some from Deathwish today. That's the label Converge frontman Jake Bannon is involved with. I don't know where they got my address.

JayKeeley said:
Dreamlord - you should have a new found interest in Burzum now. I can't imagine anyone liking Drudkh and not seeing the utter brilliance of something like Hvis Lyset Tar Oss.
:cool:

Arrived today:

Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Osculum Infame - Dor-Nu-Fauglith

I don't have Drudkh on my wanted list, I see there's a Hate Forest connection...which album would be worth picking up?

np: Burzum - Tomhet - you gotta love these keyboard works that Varg does...

Ayeka said:
I don't have Drudkh on my wanted list, I see there's a Hate Forest connection...which album would be worth picking up?
Both. They're much better than Hate Forest, though Hate Forest's latest album "Purity" is worth picking up as well. However, trust me on Drudkh.

Well...I went on a tear today. Shopped at Res Stream, SSMTB, and EBay.

Long Winter's Stare - The Tears of Odin's Fallen
Karaboujdan - Sbrodj
Esoteric - Epistemological Despondency
Esoteric - The Pernicious Enigma
Skepticism - Farmakon
Negura Bunget - N Crudu Bradului
Until Death Overtakes Me - Prelude To Monolithe
Empyrium - Weiland
Empyrium - Songs of Moors & Misty Fields
Empyrium - Where at Night The Wood Grouse Plays
Empyrium - Winter Sunset

BloodStainedWalls said:
Esoteric - Epistemological Despondency
Esoteric - The Pernicious Enigma
Skepticism - Farmakon
Negura Bunget - N Crudu Bradului
Empyrium - Weiland
Empyrium - Songs of Moors & Misty Fields
Empyrium - Where at Night The Wood Grouse Plays
Empyrium - Winter Sunset
Don't know about the other albums you bought, but this is a sweet, sweet haul. Seriously good. I didn't even know you had an interest in Empyrium! You probably know how I feel about Songs of Moors.... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.