My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, as much as I love Graveland, Darken sure knows how to make me kinda mad. From the inside of the booklet of Blood of Heroes:

Originally EP "Blood of Heroes" was to be dedicated to Timothy McVeigh who is the true hero of America for me. Releasing of EP coincided with the 11th of September. So I had to change this dedication. I did not want Vinland Winds from New York that was to release this EP to have any problems with the special police. Timothy McVeigh was sentenced to death and executed 3 months before the 11th of September, 11 06 2001. Glory to heroes!

J. said:
Man, as much as I love Graveland, Darken sure knows how to make me kinda mad. From the inside of the booklet of Blood of Heroes:

Originally EP "Blood of Heroes" was to be dedicated to Timothy McVeigh who is the true hero of America for me. Releasing of EP coincided with the 11th of September. So I had to change this dedication. I did not want Vinland Winds from New York that was to release this EP to have any problems with the special police. Timothy McVeigh was sentenced to death and executed 3 months before the 11th of September, 11 06 2001. Glory to heroes!
Man, what the fuck? I don't even see how either action support in any way, shape or form what he's all about. I fail to see the parallel. Regardless, he's now a jack-ass in my book, and I guess I can't spend any more money on his fucking releases. Asshole.

dude... darken is a dickhead. so is capricornus. both are tools. remember the "fate worse than death" album cover? dickheadedness is nothing new to these pricks. i hate 90% of what they stand for and if i saw either in person, i'd be tempted to kick them in their miniature pollock balls. HOWEVER, the music they create is excellent. because of that, i will continue to buy graveland stuff. FOR THE MUSIC. i could care less about the band themselves. when i buy an lp or cd of theirs, the record companies get most of the money, and much of that is lost due to manufacturing. so 1) i only listen to them for the music and 2) i'm technically not "supporting" them monetarily. so i fail to see a reason to ignore their music... unless you are someone who thinks lyrics/ideals are a big part of the music you listen to. in that case... fuck 'em. i don't blame you for boycotting them.

commandante - nice choice on the yes.

picked all this stuff up today for less than $35...

YES - Time and a Word
KING CRIMSON - Discipline (vinyl)
KING CRIMSON - Three of a Perfect Pair (vinyl)
KING CRIMSON - Beat (vinyl)
NEKTAR - Recycled (vinyl)
GENESIS - Selling England By the Pound (vinyl)

Black Winter Day said:
HOWEVER, the music they create is excellent. because of that, i will continue to buy graveland stuff. FOR THE MUSIC. i could care less about the band themselves. when i buy an lp or cd of theirs, the record companies get most of the money, and much of that is lost due to manufacturing. so 1) i only listen to them for the music and 2) i'm technically not "supporting" them monetarily. so i fail to see a reason to ignore their music... unless you are someone who thinks lyrics/ideals are a big part of the music you listen to. in that case... fuck 'em. i don't blame you for boycotting them.
Yup.

Music>ideals. And anyway, it's not like Darken is singing about how much of a "hero" Timothy McVeigh is to him.

my "I finally got a damn job again" haul from the End:
RAM ZET - Pure Therapy
HAMMERS OF MISFORTUNE - The August Engine
NEUROSIS & JARBOE
AMARAN - Pristine In Bondage
KEELHAUL - Subject To Change Without Notice
AFTER FOREVER - Exordium
WINDS - The Imaginary Direction Of Time
ORPHANED LAND - Mabool
HAMMERS OF MISFORTUNE - The Bastard
I'd say that qualifies as a good haul :)

Black Winter Day said:
dude... darken is a dickhead. so is capricornus. both are tools. remember the "fate worse than death" album cover? dickheadedness is nothing new to these pricks.
Exactly. Why is the "Timothy McVeigh" subject matter the turning point on whether Graveland had any previous morals or ethics? Wasn't their hatred towards non-white people enough to put anyone off? All that white supremacy bullshit is their whole gimmick.

i will continue to buy graveland stuff. FOR THE MUSIC. i could care less about the band themselves. when i buy an lp or cd of theirs, the record companies get most of the money, and much of that is lost due to manufacturing.
Right. Buy for the music if you want, but do one better and buy it on eBay or used elsewhere. Yeah, your money might be going to another asshole but at least you conciously know that it's not lining Darken's pockets, even if it would just be pennies. Unless of course he himself is selling his records on eBay. :loco:

Jeez people, if you're going to boycott Graveland because of Darken's ideals, all of you might as well throw your Nokturnal Mortum, Burzum, and Arghoslent CDs out the window. Fuck.

Like Jay said, why is this Timothy McVeigh "dedication" the thing that finally pushes all of you to boycott or finally question Darken? I absolutely love the music he creates in Graveland, but reading his "White Warrior fight Christianity" hubbub just makes me laugh.

And the NSBM thing with Graveland cannot be called a gimmick. Graveland are a Pagan band first and foremost. The majority of their lyrics deal wit Wotan, Viking, Odin and all that Epic imagery. A very few songs deal with racist stuff, but it is far more subtle than say, Arghoslent who use lyrics with "my pals". And since when is a beliefe, no matter how detestable, a gimmick? Does this mean Christian bands like Extol use their beliefs as a gimmick?

Like I said, I hope you are all, at this moment, getting rid of your Burzum CDs if you find Graveland so repulsive. Last time I looked, Darken hasn't murdered anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.