My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen to NicodemiX, he's exactly right. As far as I'm concerned, if it was cool in 1986, it's cool today. I'm not really going to get puffy hair like Destruction though.

I only said that what was cool in 1986 is cool now. Poodle rock and other shite was never cool, so... The cool stuff was Bathory, Kreator, MetallicA and friends... You know.

arrived from Salazar:

Demilich - Nespithe (some of the lowest vocals ever!)
Emperor/Enslaved - Hordanes Land (red version)

he, just found out my copy of Hordanes Land is actually a misprint. Found this:

The US issue of this title was renamed "Hordanes Land" by Century Black without Candlelight's permission. This issue has a larger Emperor logo on the front insert, and does not appear to suffer the blurriness of the European issue's Hordanes Land artwork.

The first 5000 copies had misprinted front inserts, 1000 of which the label was able to recall. The misprints had a red cover and a pink Emperor logo (see below). The CDs were otherwise identical to the second press

7774-2-mp-1.jpg

Thrash Haul-

Kreator- Violent Revolution
Dark Angel- Leave Scars
Exodues- Good, Friendly, Violent Fun
Possesed- Beyond the Gates/ The Eyes of Horror
Heathen- Breaking the Silence + Pray for Death

Under a Stone said:
What do you think of this?
You know, it was actually pretty nifty. The music reminded me of the more adventurous death metal bands like Cynic mixed with the technical prowess of latter Suffocation. Demilich can certainly play their instruments.

The vocals......woah. Easily some of the lowest growls I've ever heard. I'm not blowing smoke up your ass. They are fucking low. There's even a disclaimer in the booklet stating that no effects were used to make the vocals sound that low.

It will take some time to fully appreciate, but Nespithe is certainly one of the better (and adventurous) death metal albums I've heard in a while. And it fills in my disappointment with the new Suffocation.

Hate Forest - Battlefields
Amorphis - Tuonela

Hmm, I just realized Elegy was the first Amorphis I wanted to buy, not Tuonela. Oh well.

I only liked a few songs from Tuonela, but those few songs are really great stuff. Elegy is their best, but it's hard to listen to the entire thing.

NicodemiX said:
OMG I LOVE 13 YEAR OLD JEWISH GIRLS

cds.jpg

especially ones that send me these
I just love when people stops listening metal and sell all their collection, like the Old Man's Child's debut (original version) on the right of my pic... :loco:

Rare-cds-low.gif

@Nicodemix - that could be one of the greatest hauls on this thread!

And welcome to the world of Hammers of Misfortune - you've just landed yourself a CD-R of one of the greatest albums of all time. Eventually you'll want to get yourself a beautiful vinyl version I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.