My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
spaffe said:
I found Dawn - Sorgh pa svarte vingar flogh MCD cheap and used in a record store today. Win, I guess since it's pretty hard to come by and sounds pretty damn good so far.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD find!

Plain old the end ok :p . In fact they didn't have both a couple of weeks ago so I didn't check again . Thanks

Yeah, I'm not being completely serious here. Notice how I complimented them in the second half of my post... they've gotten my business 4 times in the last two months.

ReDilS.kCalB said:
A friend of mine (not close so I can't borrow the albums) is a fan , told me Zyklus is their best , I know they are hard to find for some etc..

ANYWAY , what should I start with ? I've heard little but it seems it's very raw yet melodic , enlighten me please o_O
I've heard Ars Moriendi, Weltenganger, Elixir of Sorrow, and Zyklus. I own the former three now and am still looking for a hardcopy of Zyklus for a decent price. Zyklus is ABSOLUTELY my favorite and one of my all-time BM favorites already. If you noticed, on my Top 2004 list Zyklus was #6, and if I re-did that list today it would probably be in the Top3 somehwere. Yes, they are very raw and their albums take a few spins to REALLY hit you hard except for maybe Elixir of Sorrow which is their most polished release to date. I'll try and find something that describes them better for you since I suck at descriptions. They seem very layered, at least to me.

spaffe said:
Care to describe them somewhat? I got kind of interested when I saw them beeing you current pick in the signature.

I found Dawn - Sorgh pa svarte vingar flogh MCD cheap and used in a record store today. Win, I guess since it's pretty hard to come by and sounds pretty damn good so far.
I am pretty sure that you would like them.

I am always happy to send cd-r's to any dirty bastards in the RC family. :D

Faith No More - King for a Day, Fool for a Lifetime

I gave away this CD long ago because I thought it sucked. Years later I heard it a few times and have since realized my folly. Hooray for buying the same CD more than once.

haha I remember I was like "omgomgomg I MUST ORDER THIS THE DAY IT IS RELEASED BEFORE IT SELLS OUTTT"

and there is still copies around.

I hope that the "The Mantle" vinyls don't sell out immediately when they're released.

It was released during one of my NO BUY stints, I always assumed it was gone within a day or two. There are still copies of The Grey EP as well, I guess Tomorrow Never Comes was the only one to disappear fast.

Bought this from store:

Marduk - Plague Angel vinyl

Got this few weeks ago:

Marduk - Deathmarch Ep

And these are now ordered:

Taake - vinyl/ts-boxset
Deathspell Omega - ts

Status
Not open for further replies.