My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NAD said:
I figure if I like Nattens Madrigal I'm ready for anything. Probably way off just saying that though. :D
Garm likes to cite a huge "Transilvanian Hunger" influence when talking about "Nattens Madrigal." I can hear where he's coming from, and he should know, but there are still HUGE differences between the albums. Transilvanian Hunger is much more minimalistic.

i agree. i always consider 'blaze', 'funeral' and 'hunger' to be their big trilogy. . . all are similar but very unique in their own ways. the only song i've heard from 'panzerfaust' is en vind av sorg (i think it's on there) and i like it, although i'm told that it is by far the best on the album. i also own 'plaguewielder', but it is kinda bland. . .

Heh, Panzerfaust is great. "En Vind Av Sorg" is one of two songs on it in the fluid, melodic "Transilvanian Hunger" style, the rest of the songs are...

*drumroll*

CELTIC FROST WORSHIP!!!

it's strange. . . i love all the bands influenced by celtic frost, but for some reason i can't stomach the real deal! i even downloaded some of the songs you guys reccomended on the thread and it was *pretty okay*, but nothing wonderful. i guess i would have to had been around the scene at the time to realize their true importance. . . but as of now they do nothing for me.

OK, well, if you feel like downloading something off "Panzerfaust" before buying it, try "Triumphant Gleam" or "The Hordes of Nebulah"... The Celtic Frost influence is blatantly obvious, but the recording quality and vocals are different of course. Also, it's definitely more of a "Morbid Tales" influence than a "To Mega Therion" influence -- I seem to remember you had the latter.

Cinderella - Night Songs

Deep Purple - Concerto For Group & Orchestra

Status Quo - 12 Gold Bars

MFN says Welcome To The Metal Zone - a Music For Nations compilation from '85 featuring Rogue Male, Exciter, Mercyful Fate, Q5, Wendy O' Williams, Tank, Megadeth, TKO, Waysted, Battleaxe, Savatage, Loudness, Exodus, Earthshaker, Alaska, Rods and Jack Starr...

Erik said:
Yeppers, I received it today, thanks a lot. I'll get right on 'em.
Great - I'm sure you don't mind the DB promo on tape. Hey, at least it's the full album.

BTW, Madder Mortem = :ill:
:lol:

That band really has some inflicted some mental abuse on the regulars in this forum board. We should start a thread on them, just sharing horror stories.

How is Woodtemple working out for you? I thought you might enjoy "The crow of the shadow wood"?

JayKeeley said:
That band really has some inflicted some mental abuse on the regulars in this forum board. We should start a thread on them, just sharing horror stories.
They occasionally come up with good riffs but THE VOCALIST! OMG. Someone should tell her to... Well, shut up.

JayKeeley said:
How is Woodtemple working out for you? I thought you might enjoy "The crow of the shadow wood"?
I really like it. Listened to it twice so far. Will pass further judgement later.

I simply MUST hear Madder Mortem! I have never seen such universal dissaproval!

WHOA! AllMusicGuide.com gave it 4.5 out of 5!

End of allmusic.com review:
In all honesty, Madder Mortem's challenging level of inventiveness and, well, lunacy almost guarantees that Deadlands will only translate to a very select and open-minded audience; yet for anyone capable of enjoying the extreme metal leanings of Emperor, the daring experimentalism of the Gathering and the fearless invention of Faith no More will delight in what they find here.
End of royalcarnage.com review:
Listen! And understand! This thing is out there. It can't be bargained with! It can't be reasoned with! It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are bored to the point of drinking a pint of bleach and slitting your own throat with a rusty spoon.
:lol:

Gundam 02 said:
Ok so this basically says I need to get out more and away from my office,

the prices on trauma records website are Swiss $ right? How's shipping to the States?

i have no idea. you should send them an e-mail :)

Status
Not open for further replies.