My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Winter Day said:
hey bloodfiredeath, you were in a wes craven mood, huh
They Live and Prince of Darkness are Carpenter and I'm always in the mood for John Carpenter. Craven did People Under the Stairs, which I have a hard time calling a good movie, but I have a soft spot for none the less. Wes Craven's career has been very spotty at best.

Me mate got me for my birthday :) :

Hardcore Holocaust - compilation of John Peel sessions from '87 - '88, featuring Stupids, Electro Hippies, Extreme Noise Terror, Bolt Thrower, Intense Degree, Unseen Terror, Napalm Death, Doctor And The Crippens and Doom

A Motley Crue interview picture disc! :D

yesterday's haul:

dark tranquillity - projector
enslaved - below the lights
moonsorrow - kivenkantaja
ulver - nattens madrigal

nagelfar - srontgorrth arrived last week (fucking killer album) and n'crugu bradului should get to me sometime next week. also, i have the new in the woods live album and dismember - like an everflowing stream on order.

now i'm broke :D

Erik said:
Latest purchase: Issue #3 of Negura Magazine (http://www.negura.com/)... Negru of Negurã Bunget fame is the editor of this. Seems very interesting but haven't received it yet.
Let me know how that is - I'd like to discuss that in our interview, particularly since the first two editions are not in English.

Latest Arrivals:

Negura Bunget - Maiastru Sfetnic (just the digibox finally)
Wiccan Rede - From Transilvanian Forest
Makrothumia - The Rit of Individualization
and a bunch of other Negura Bunget stuff like "Vazduh"

Thanks lurch.

Originally Posted by Erik
Latest purchase: Issue #3 of Negura Magazine (http://www.negura.com/)... Negru of Negurã Bunget fame is the editor of this. Seems very interesting but haven't received it yet. Let me know how that is - I'd like to discuss that in our interview, particularly since the first two editions are not in English.
This zine has an online version at www.negura.com ... fantastically written and laid out in print format. It is the same team that does all the other Negura work, NB site, CD packaging and promos .. basicallly Negru and Dan Florin Spataru.

Negru especially seems like on busy MOFO, now it seems he is also starting a record label in Romania as well.

lurch70 said:
This zine has an online version at www.negura.com ... fantastically written and laid out in print format. It is the same team that does all the other Negura work, NB site, CD packaging and promos .. basicallly Negru and Dan Florin Spataru.
That is really good - some of the nicest use of flashware with those blowing leaves into the valley...

I'm going to place their banner on our site.I just don't know how they find the time to do all this. Do they have full time jobs as well?

Sometimes it pays to actually get off your ass and go to an actual STORE to buy new music.

Primus - Animals Should Not Act Like People
The reunion CD, and they are in full-on prog mode, which is highly welcome!

Radiohead - Hail to the Theif
Special edition version, and they gave me a free 7" single with it.

Morbid Angel - Abominations of Desolation
Ran into this one purely by accident, and I have been tracking it down for a few years now, yay.

Arcturus - AsAspera Hiems Symfonia
Sure I don't get the bonus tracks, but I do get the cool factor of owning the OOP version. :)

NAD said:
Arcturus - AsAspera Hiems Symfonia
Sure I don't get the bonus tracks, but I do get the cool factor of owning the OOP version. :)
Also, you don't have to endure the destruction of the old Aspera album that took place prior to the re-release. They remixed it and re-recorded certain parts, especially vocals, and what I've heard of it sounds like shit compared to the old version. There is no way I would buy the re-release.

*thread idea*

That's even better then! Remastering I can understand, but re-recording... no. I do like what Hypocrisy did with their 10 Years box though, redoing a handful of their older songs to match their updated sound was a cool treat.

Ah, to be fair there's not THAT much of a difference, and I'm sure some people prefer the re-release, but what IS different detracts far more than it adds IMO. There's definitely clashing going on between the original, raw recording and all the new, strange effects and mixing. They should just have left it as it was, or at least settled with a simple remastering.

yeah, it does tick me off when bands re-record their old stuff. i could understand it if the band simply didn't have the money at the time of the first recording to invest in production, but when they go back and change stuff musically... it hardly ever works to the band's benefit. unless you are arcturus and have built up a reputation of unpredictability, of course...

BTW, here are my latest orders from The End. i hope they arrive sometime before christmas.

YEARNING - Frore Meadow
MOONSORROW - Voimasta Ja Ki Aniasta
NEGURA BUNGET - 'N Crugu Bradului
YEARNING - Evershade

What, you showing off your wallet or something? :p

HEY, you fixed it before I could make fun of you!!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.