My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erik said:
"Heaven and Hell" is my favourite, so sue me. I like "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" and "Mob Rules" a lot too.
Agreed. I always get lambasted when I try to explain that the Dio albums are my favorites. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the early Sabbath classics, but I love RJD!

Wasn't that the state they recorded Volume 4 in? :D

And I don't know why I tell myself I'm going to stop buying CDs... because I never will.

Empyrium - Weiland
Empyrium - Songs of Moors and Misty Fields

I figure the only way I'll ever stop buying CDs is if I stop going online, especially to this forum. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

The thing is, I look at both books and CDs as worthy purchases no matter the reason. Individually they are not expensive, they serve a purpose, and even if they sit around for months on end, they'll always be there when you feel like getting to them. It's not like I'm addicted to Faberge eggs or something. :loco:

NAD said:
I figure the only way I'll ever stop buying CDs is if I stop going online, especially to this forum. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

The thing is, I look at both books and CDs as worthy purchases no matter the reason. Individually they are not expensive, they serve a purpose, and even if they sit around for months on end, they'll always be there when you feel like getting to them. It's not like I'm addicted to Faberge eggs or something. :loco:
You are definitely exhibiting the early symptoms.

Early? Shiote... been there quite awhile now. I know what you're saying though, and I appreciate it. :)

NAD said:
Empyrium - Weiland
Empyrium - Songs of Moors and Misty Fields
OMG! You are teh win!! Just for that, I'm e-mailing you an early release of the Songs of Moors review.... (since you bought the CD before reading it!!). Wow, for someone who likes early Ulver and Agalloch, this could be a mighty fine shopping spree. Also, think of it as an investment for your future grandchildren. :D Where did you pick them up by the way?

Read the Empyrium thread earlier today.
Noticed The End just recently restocked them and nobody else had any trace.
Saw you'll be having a review for Songs of Moors and Misty Fields uploaded soon.
Somehow missed your 10/10 review for Weiland.
Pay day via direct deposit in 2 hours.

Five excellent reasons, no? :D

Nope, haven't gotten around to them yet. Soon enough though!

(we're carrying the same conversation via email and the forum it seems :D )

Tell Ali to fucking get some sleep so I don't have to hear his excuses tomorrow night. :)

Actually, goddamnit, I need to get my RC email back up-n-running, tell him I might have some cool news about tomorrow night...peace out. Time for me to get some shuteye.

I think he's off already, haven't gotten an email for awhile.

Time for caffeine and books now, it's only 11:30pm! :D

NAD said:
I feel your pain dude. Though funny you mention books...I remembered yesterday that I have a James Herbert book that I bought over three years ago because (a) it was James Herbert and (b) it had a swastika on the spine...yesterday I remembered that I never finished reading it because it was so yiddish...oh well...

And I must agree - Dio-era Sabbath albums ROCK (apart from Dehumanizer which I bought about 16 months ago, listened to once and haven't had the heart to return to since...)

Books especially man. I look at my shelves, and even though I've been reading quite a bit over the past year, I still have a bunch that I haven't even opened. But who cares? They are there when you're ready, ya know?

used
Daemon - Seven Deadly Sins
Devastation - Signs of LIfe
Devastation - Idolatry
Morgoth - Eternal Fall/Resurrection Absurd

new
AC/DC - Back In Black

dvd
David Cross - Let America Laugh
Donnie Darko

Status
Not open for further replies.