My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little late for the Type O Negative discussion but I wanted to state that they rule. I put off buying Life is Killing Me for months and then I found it for $7.99 and decided to buy it. I'd say its pretty consistent and while I tend to skip a couple songs occasionally, I'd still say its one of those albums I can listen to all the way through and enjoy. I also have Bloody Kisses, which I was lucky enough to find the original release of, and their other releases are on my "need to buy" list.

That re-release of Bloody Kisses is an atrocity, I fucking hate it when labels arbitrarily delete tracks for unknown reasons. :mad: The only decent thing about that re-release is the bonus track Suspended in Dusk.

Oh yeah, and you need October Rust. NOW! :p

NAD said:
That re-release of Bloody Kisses is an atrocity, I fucking hate it when labels arbitrarily delete tracks for unknown reasons. :mad: The only decent thing about that re-release is the bonus track Suspended in Dusk.

Oh yeah, and you need October Rust. NOW! :p

Yeah I found the original for 11 bucks and knew I had to buy it. October Rust is probably the next cd I buy if I have enough left after the Opeth concert.

The re-release of Bloody Kisses is fucking awful. Suspended in Dusk isn't even that good.

These arrived today:

Cathedral - Hopkins (The Witchfinder General)
Cathedral - Caravan Beyond Redemption
Unholy - Rapture
V/A - Nativity in Black

Thanks BWD for the Cathedral CDs. I'm totally diggin' 'em.

I've had a soft spot for Cathedral ever since I heard them on the Masters of Misery Black Sabbath Tribute. I like their dirty, gritty stoner rock.

I owe you.

arrived today:

Cathedral - Supernatural Birth Machine
V/A - Masters of Misery

Cathedral is quickly becoming a very impressive band. Their older stuff is quite yummy. I actually think their stoner rock is better than their doom metal.

I love Cathedral, it appeals to my Sabbath side. I only have The Ethereal Mirror though, what others should I get?

Ethereal Mirror is during their Sabbath groove stoner phase, so I'd go with Hopkins (Witchfinder General), Soul Sacrifice, and maybe Caravan Beyond Redemption. Ethereal Mirror is one of their best, though. I've heard Carnival Bizarre is quite good.

I'm still lacking three releases by them, and all three are during the stoner phase. A lot of their stuff can be bought on eBay for very cheap.

Thanks. Reminds me, you should check out Bill Steer's band, Firebird. More blues than stoner, but the new one has that groove feel down pretty good.

Might have to eBay a bunch of crap tomorrow before going on spend hiatus.

Of all the newer stuff, Endtyme is my favorite. Ethereal Mirror is my favorite from the groovier stuff.

If you like that kind of stoner groove, check out Grand Magus. They had an album of the month in Terrorizer a while back. They are very good.

Endtyme is my favorite Cathedral album. I have every one, and like them all, but every time a new one would come out, there was always something I couldn't put my finger on that made me not completely love the record. I think they finally got it totally right on Endtyme.

I mean c'mon... WHORES TO OBLIVIAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.