My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NAD said:
I think part of it was the fact that grew a pair and stood up to the US, but probably mostly because it just seems nice in a Canadian sort of way. Can't stand the language though, so Canada itself is a more a likely bet for me. :D

But more than likely it is because Johnny Depp lives there and I wish to stalk him, in the gay way. :loco:
If you sim ply went by countries who gera a pair and stoof up to the USA, you'd watn to live VERYWHERHE. FUck france.

markgugs said:
If you sim ply went by countries who gera a pair and stoof up to the USA, you'd watn to live VERYWHERHE. FUck france.
:lol: Like I said, that was only a minor reason.

Hey you're typing like that KINGNADISTHEAHOROZROLXR guy, are you drunk? :D

Black Winter Day said:
ok... both of these games officially BLOW ASS. especially the hockey one. why? 1) it is damn near impossible to score a goal, all of your players fall down and only connect on passes to the other team and 2) the goalie controls are terrible and on a 1 on 1 situation, you are almost guaranteed to get scored on. this is not helped by the fact that when your team has the puck and gets knocked down, it is impossible to get your guys back. the two guards mystically disappear every time. it blows.
Yeah, come to think of it, I don't have those for SNES, but for Genesis, which they are way better on. As much as I love to stand behind SNES, sports games generally sucked on it.

Darkthrone - Transylvanian Hunger
Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion

And some obligatory books like usual, including Dr. Strangelove for only $0.95! SCORE!!!

Dreamlord said:
npearce, that Grand Magus is damn good stoner. Excellent songwriters.
I only have 'Monument' (the brand new one). Terroizer gave it 9/10 and co-album-of-the-month along with the new Iron Maiden. I think it is supposed to be a big step beyond the older stuff.

I need to get it reviewed sometime soon.

*side note*
I've never had a band on Rise Above answer any of my email requests for an interivew. They've never even thanked me for sending them a link to my review of their CD. The label contacts ignore me as well.

I'm sending off $9 for the October Falls demo tomorrow, but the deal was finalized on 1/30, so it does not fall under my 2/1 - 4/1 CD purchase hiatus. :)

went to Hastings and found these used (buy 3, get 1 free):

Steve Von Till - If I Should Fall to the Field
Mr. Bungle - California
Life of Agony - The Best of
Fixture - Ultrasound

Fixture is a band from my past. When I was living in Oklahoma, I was on a local junior college baseball team. One of my teammates was a manager for a local hard rock band, Fixture. I saw them a couple of times live. THey even came to my duplex and partied (my duplex was quite the party place). The lead singer banged his girlfriend in my bathroom. Anyway, they were really nice guys, and wrote pretty good songs. So I thought what the hell, and bought their CD. I'm surprised I found it in Huntsville. Oh well, some damn fine tunes.

Dreamlord said:
The lead singer banged his girlfriend in my bathroom.
Dreamlord's brush with fame... :tickled:

That Mr. Bungle rules, enjoy the countless instruments on Ars Moriendi, one of the most bizarre songs I've ever heard.

well, it was in the wee hours of the morning, and the disappeared for like 30 minutes in the bathroom. I don't think they were cleaning up in there.

arrived today:

Carcass - Tools of the Trade
Type O Negative - World Coming Down
Unholy - The Second Ring of Power
Vitriol - I-VII

I have that Behemoth on one of their re-release CDs along with another early recording. It's great black metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.