My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreamlord said:
Karaboudjan is a Dan Swano side project. It was meant to take the ideals of Pan Thy Monium and push even further.
I have it and like it, the steel drums add an interesting flavor. I have to be in the mood to listen to something like that though.

bloodfiredeath, expect that one to be fucking KILLER!
I've got the cd and I couldn't keep myself from ordering the Die Hard LP as well (PATCHES AND STIXXORS!), plus the 4-way split 7"

Sorath said:
bloodfiredeath, expect that one to be fucking KILLER!
I've got the cd and I couldn't keep myself from ordering the Die Hard LP as well (PATCHES AND STIXXORS!), plus the 4-way split 7"
It IS killer. I downloaded it about a month ago and have been loving it. I've been looking to buy it, and figured that vinyl version was the best way to go. Did you get it quick? Just curious on the service of NWN.

I haven't gotten it yet but I (Erik too) ordered it directly from Joel, and we paid him last Friday I think. Too bad I already have the CD, or I would feel less bad about getting the DHLP too. The first non-MetallicA release I've bought when I already possess a copy.

Mr. Bungle - Disco Volante

Oops. It's BWD's fault anyhow, I had been wondering about his new avatar all day because I knew I had seen it somewhere before, and stumbling around some music sites earlier found it, off to half.com I go, $6 later and here I am.

So like, it's totally your fault and some junk. Shyuh.

I was in San Fransisco for a couple days, and I found these waiting when I got back last night:

From JayKeeley:
V:28 - NonAnthropogenic
Agalloch - The Grey EP
Nothing - The Spine Overshadowed By The Rope
Especially Likely Sloth - But If What He'll What Ant
Into Eternity - Buried In Oblivion (CD-R)

Ebay wins:
Summon - Baptized By Fire
Behemoth - Thelema 6
The Stone - (something I can't read)
Funeral Winds - Godslayer XUL

NAD said:
Mr. Bungle - Disco Volante

Oops. It's BWD's fault anyhow, I had been wondering about his new avatar all day because I knew I had seen it somewhere before, and stumbling around some music sites earlier found it, off to half.com I go, $6 later and here I am.

So like, it's totally your fault and some junk. Shyuh.
:lol: :lol: :lol: maybe you should stop coming here if you REALLY don't want to buy more stuff... but then again, you'd just buy more black sabbath anyway... ;)

congrats on getting the best. album. ever. i seriously cannot stop listening to it. you have no idea what you are in for!

npearce said:
From JayKeeley:
V:28 - NonAnthropogenic
Agalloch - The Grey EP
Nothing - The Spine Overshadowed By The Rope
Especially Likely Sloth - But If What He'll What Ant
Into Eternity - Buried In Oblivion (CD-R)
Just call me Santa. :tickled:

It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts on Nothing (I've not heard them), but in particular the remix of Odal (which I have heard). These Agalloch boys can't stop making music, or so it seems.

Went to a store during lunch, and got these:

Bolt Thrower - The Peel Sessions: 1988-1990
Helmet - Strap It On
Stabbing Westward - Darkest Days (for the old woman)

....and all for the grand total of.........$8.12

The funny thing is, the Bolt Thrower CD was brand new, but it was just placed in a loose, crumpled plastic CD bag with the price $16.99 on it. But the bag was opened, so there was no way to know if this bag belonged on this CD, so I took the CD out of the bag, and when I went to pay, I just told them that there was no price on it, and asks how much it was. The dude just looked at it, and said it was $2.50. hahahahaha :D

If anyone cares.

Holmgang - Runens Advarsel
Angantyr - Kampen Fortsætter
Astrofaes - Ancestors' Shadows
Demiurg/Monomania/Blodulv split
Ormgård - Ohelgat Blot
Impious Havoc - At The Ruins Of The Holy Kingdom

Pre-order:
Arckanum - Kostogher DLP

To be honest, I don't think many people know about Strap It On, at least not the casual fan. Most think Meantime was the debut, because that's when Helmet was played on MTV.

Meantime rules, that was one of the first CDs I ever purchased. Still have yet to hear Strap It On, shame on me.

Dreamlord said:
To be honest, I don't think many people know about Strap It On, at least not the casual fan. Most think Meantime was the debut, because that's when Helmet was played on MTV.
Yeah, you're probably right. My memory is skewed because back then I hung out with people (like myself) who were into AmRep bands. You? Not much beats the classic Helmet/Jawbox tour of 91(ish?).

Status
Not open for further replies.