My mix on Kerrang 25th Aniversery CD \m/

Feb 9, 2006
www.laruso.com
Hey you guys,

A while back you all helped me out with a protools/cubase problem for a track i was doing.... You were all great help (I couldn't tell you then but....) it's beeing released as part as kerrang's 25th aniversery CD next week!:puke:

http://www.kerrang.com/nav?page=kerrang.news.detail&fixture_news=4785235

I recorded/mixed/mastered the Fightstar cover of the Deftones clasic "My Own Summer",

The drums were tracked in the smallest recording room in the whole of London @ Miloco with Matt Hyde enginering (..it's carpeted and ment to be a guitar room really)!!!

And the guitars, vox, bass & mix/master was done @ my studio "Treehouse" in Derbyshire.

I know you guys will rip the recording to shreds but i'd love to know what you think...esp Andy and James....as for the mix i was given about 15 hours starting at 6pm (it was a very long night involving much coffe)!? I have my own reservations but am on a whole quite happy with it.

I'll await your onslaught ;) ...eeep! \m/

C.

beat you - I have 2 mixes on the CD.

I like the fightstar guys, nice lads and I think the Leper Messiah cover on the Kerrang! cd a few weeks ago was one of the best on there, for the sheer fact Charlie put his own spin on it.

ha! Cool, which one's you do man?... i'm hella nervous about it - gonna be so many great names on the list of producers....

yeah they are cool guys... they brought guns to the studio....lots of guns... i still got bb's everywhere!!!! \m/

Congrats on the mix - Omar was telling me about the track they were doing for the cd - he said they were a/b'ing against the original and he couldn't tell the difference - So either he was mash up as he's been since he was 13 or you done a good job.
\m/

Cheers boss - I'll make sure I check out Larusso. know any good drummers? We've just gone down to a three piece - guitar bass vox and need a very good drummer - the best one I know is omar - and well unless fightstar split up he's kinda taken!

Also know good labels who wanna throw loads o' money at us!

Just checked out ya band man - did you engineer it - yeah thats fucking killer - well sharp sound man really cool guitars

:headbang:

moose209 said:
Just checked out ya band man - did you engineer it - yeah thats fucking killer - well sharp sound man really cool guitars
:headbang:

yeah man i did it... never happy with it thos as it started out as demos that we didn't have time to re-record etc.... but yeah did it all at home... the guitars were actually tracked on that using a c3000b (i know inasanity)

...and i'll keep my ear to the ground for drummers man,

YO,

C

carl@laruso.com said:
The drums were tracked in the smallest recording room in the whole of London @ Miloco with Matt Hyde enginering (..it's carpeted and ment to be a guitar room really)!!! C.

Congrats to you, dude! I worked with Matt Hyde several times. Even had an opportunity to do a whole project in Canada with him, but I took something else. He's a cool cigar smokin' mofo.

Andy, digging the grave rocks man....best mix on there,
Have you noticed any changes to your tracks tho? Mine appears to of had 0.7 dB shaved off it for no reason?!?!

chafes me when my stuff gets changed! grrrrrrr

C.

tied you - i also have one mix on there... Still Remains doing a cover of Nine Inch Nails "head like a hole". quite happy with the end result.

Andy's picking me up a couple copies and posting them over.. can't wait to hear all the other tracks.