My mix on Kerrang 25th Aniversery CD \m/

James Murphy said:
tied you - i also have one mix on there... Still Remains doing a cover of Nine Inch Nails "head like a hole". quite happy with the end result.

Andy's picking me up a couple copies and posting them over.. can't wait to hear all the other tracks.

Good work jimmy, thats one of the best sounding on the cd. :kickass:
The Killswitch cover of holy diver is the best thing ever. I need to see howard singing that in the flesh to fully believe its him, so good.:headbang:
Cd is really good i think. production is excellent on majority of tracks, much better than the m.o.p. cd.

James Murphy said:
tied you - i also have one mix on there... Still Remains doing a cover of Nine Inch Nails "head like a hole". quite happy with the end result.
I just hear this CD and got to say this is one of my favorite tracks on the CD (that and the Dillinger song). They really did some cool things with that song, especially the chorus.

cool, glad you guys like it... i had fun with the track. So the Issue of Kerrang! with the CD is on the shelves in the UK now then?

yeah, was out wednesday last week, i picked it up today, descent's right about the dio cover, that so doesn't sound like howard, but then again i've never heard him to clean vox before. The Avenged Sevenfold cover of Walk was pretty good, solo wasn't far off, and i have to say carl, the deftones cover is fucking awesomely sweet, sounds the same as the original to me, well as i remember it anyway lol, great job man.

I love the snare on the song you did!

Any details? What kind of snare was it? Processing? Samples? Mics?
How did you get that sound please give us some info!!!

sounds a little like the snare on machineheads "ttaoe"

I luv it!!!

The snare was an amazing woden DW, dont know what model

Scooped a bit of middle of it and added a bit of top
Used a bit of tc clasicverb on the snare
cubase sx's compressor @ 7:1
waves c1 gate super quick atack but only shaving 3 or 4 dB off the signal... so not to get bursts of hats.
(not in that order obviously!!!)
Used drumagog (with a set of 4 samples on random) on a second track

The whole drum group had a bit of uad dream verb on it
but basically it was just a really great snare!

hope that helps man & glad you dug it!
C