My neat little Opeth wallpaper thingy

If you could make a more crappy wallpaper I'd kill myself because I know that would be impossible.

Blackwinged:

You have some okay ideas there, but I'll give you some tips:

The Opeth title logo: Try taking the emboss blends out of it, and make it flat. The style of the type doesn't go well for 3 dimensional effects, so experiment with making it more 2D (try subtle glows, or drop shadows for example. But make sure you keep it subtle... you don't want effects to rule your work

The images in the background: they look good in black and white, I'm a big fan of black and white/less colour saturated photographs. The layout of the photos is fine, it has a nice flow to it, so leave that is it is. However, instead of having that sandstone type of texture, make it look more like a "photo". You know what I mean? Try playing about with film grains blends a little, make them look old, but again, not to the point where the effects are the focus of you image.

"Less Is More" - keep this in mind when you create your work. Some of the best effects in works are not even noticeable.

Hope this all helps, and good luck with your next work, I would like to see it:)

As for the rest of you donkeys:

What a pack of heartless w@nkers. You all suck, no wonder Opeth fans get a bad reputation, with idiots like you posting in this forum. You're disgusting & should be ashamed of yourselves.

Blackwinged should be given credit for his work, purely because he has attempted to make something he has a passion for. You guys are losers.

If you cannot criticise constructively, then say nothing. But don't slag the guy off, he's put an effort into this. Have some respect.

The Hubster said:

What a pack of heartless w@nkers. You all suck, no wonder Opeth fans get a bad reputation, with idiots like you posting in this forum. You're disgusting & should be ashamed of yourselves.

Blackwinged should be given credit for his work, purely because he has attempted to make something he has a passion for. You guys are losers.

If you cannot criticise constructively, then say nothing. But don't slag the guy off, he's put an effort into this. Have some respect.

Unbelieveably well said.

The Hubster said:
Blackwinged:

The Opeth title logo: Try taking the emboss blends out of it, and make it flat. The style of the type doesn't go well for 3 dimensional effects, so experiment with making it more 2D (try subtle glows, or drop shadows for example. But make sure you keep it subtle... you don't want effects to rule your work.

I made an embossed "O" w/ photoshop and I think it worked out pretty well.. Kinda looks like it belongs on an old iron fence. I'm sure most will think it's horrible but thats fine by me.

texture_O.jpg

The Hubster said:
Blackwinged:

You have some okay ideas there, but I'll give you some tips:

The Opeth title logo: Try taking the emboss blends out of it, and make it flat. The style of the type doesn't go well for 3 dimensional effects, so experiment with making it more 2D (try subtle glows, or drop shadows for example. But make sure you keep it subtle... you don't want effects to rule your work

The images in the background: they look good in black and white, I'm a big fan of black and white/less colour saturated photographs. The layout of the photos is fine, it has a nice flow to it, so leave that is it is. However, instead of having that sandstone type of texture, make it look more like a "photo". You know what I mean? Try playing about with film grains blends a little, make them look old, but again, not to the point where the effects are the focus of you image.

"Less Is More" - keep this in mind when you create your work. Some of the best effects in works are not even noticeable.

Hope this all helps, and good luck with your next work, I would like to see it:)

Cheers man. Thanks for the suggestions. As for the rest of you. Ya know I've always heard Opeth fans are a bunch of arrogant fucks, but I guess I just needed to have it proving to me. The last thing I need is a bunch of fucking fifteen year olds who know jack shit about anything, telling me my work sucks when you couldn't do even half as good. Yes I know I take a risk when I post something like this on a forum, but man what a bunch of asses you all are.

Im sorry if i sound like an asshole, but it needs work. The opeth lettering has jaggies on the edges, that is an absolute no no. I like some of the other effects, but idk, its just too much of nothing. I would try again, next time with different images. I really dont like the images that much either. the opeth lettering is real cool though, you can make some kickass looing backgrounds with it.

Good start though. Keep at it, and practice a little more in photoshop. Its better than my early attempts in photoshop so keep at it, you will learn the tools and learn how to make some pretty cool wallpapers.

and to the other wallpaper posted, i dont like it. Kinda looks gay to me. Heres an idea, when your trying to make fun of someone, make sure yours is better.

I'm reminded of the newb metal kiddos from the children of bodom forum...shut your faces and go back to listening to your Bodom clone band MP3 playlist while building your randy rhoads jackson. Anyways, I think all of the artwork being displayed in this thread is pretty creative and well done. Never be afraid to attempt anything great whether it's making artwork on adobe photoshop or whether it's writing a song about how much Norther sucks...Good job with pictures everyone, especially RjBeals.

RjBeals said:
Thanks.. I'll take my horrible signature off as soon as i get a rise from wankerness
I dont understand the concept of the Dead Baby... is it symbolic? Because that's worse than something MightyA would do...

It's an eye catcher...nothing like seeing a picture of a dead baby. I'm actually in class right now, people probably are curious to what site I'm at aftering seeing that.