My new "backyard" is better than yours.

Nice guys...

I'm not really into water, that's why I moved from the east coast and to the high desert. But no one, not even Max, can deny the beauty of that lake.
I was gonna say before this thread turned gay that I don't really consider mostly bare rolling hills with patches of trees scattered here and there and some big rocks to be anything worth considering "better" than somewhere else. Like Steve said, it's all about your opinion, and in mine... water like lakes and oceans, and mountains and all different kinds of trees and foliage and climate is what makes something interesting. But I'm not going to say Seattle is prettier than anywhere else, especially somewhere I've never seen with my own eyes, but from what I've experienced there really is nowhere better.. Appreciating the unpredictability of the climate is key to enjoying the Northwest.

The thread title was facetious and not to be taken all that seriously, but then again, this is the Nevermore forum. Personally, I like being able to see the views, as opposed to being stuck beneath foliage. But OBVIOUSLY to each his own. I've seen enough dense, rainy forest in the Northeast. I merely prefer drier climes and expansive, ubiquitous views. The sparseness of the vegetation in the desert makes the trees that do exist all the more unique and beautiful.