My new song/album rating system

Reign in Acai said:
I gave each post in this thread a numerical rating. "Tallied" them all up to give me a total of say, 75. Take that number, divide by # of posts, get a number like 0.6. Take that number, multiply by 2 (to get to a rating of 0-10, as opposed to 0-5), and voila, this thread 1 star.
5 stars.

I don't like rating myself but I'm pretty keen on top 10 lists and things like that , I don't know I used to be indifferent but I think that there really is something behind the figures , much more significant that one could think.

See the link below and call me idiot :loco:

This system excludes vital factors like transitions between tracks, overall hindsight or how much the artwork influences whether an album rules in the first place. I thought at least the latter was of some significance for you, Gugs? :loco:

Ellestin said:
This system excludes vital factors like transitions between tracks, overall hindsight or how much the artwork influences whether an album rules in the first place. I thought at least the latter was of some significance for you, Gugs? :loco:

It all ties together in some grand, cosmic scheme that I and I alone understand the significance of.

While I'm not entirely against the track by track format (many of my reviews have been written in that fashion), I think using an average to determine the overall grade has more disadvantages than conveniences, most of which have been mentioned already. And to me the number is just some ultimately useless statistic at the end, the words are what convinces someone to buy.

Demonspell said:
While I'm not entirely against the track by track format (many of my reviews have been written in that fashion), I think using an average to determine the overall grade has more disadvantages than conveniences, most of which have been mentioned already. And to me the number is just some ultimately useless statistic at the end, the words are what convinces someone to buy.

ha ha, I don't care if anyone on earth buys what I buy, these are for ME, not for reviews, lol